r/o and mist king

deerharvester

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has successfully hooked their r/o system,directly to their mist king. I tried to do it today, and it lightly misted all the time. I guess the pressure of the my water pressure is too high? Can I get some sort of valve to reduce the pressure to the mist king, or is it a lost cause. Thanks ahead of time.
Scott

I was wondering if anyone has successfully hooked their r/o system,directly to their mist king. I tried to do it today, and it lightly misted all the time. I guess the pressure of the my water pressure is too high? Can I get some sort of valve to reduce the pressure to the mist king, or is it a lost cause. Thanks ahead of time.
Scott

It's probably not the pressure in your source water pipes, but the pressure the RO system pump creates to force the house water through the membranes and it uses a pressure tank to maintain the pressure until you open the faucet.

My r/o doesn't have a booster pump, its only needed if your water pressure is too low. Is there some kind of inline regulator I can use to reduce the pressure?

Scott, it seems to me that you are trying to automate your mister so that you do not have to check the water level. Connecting the pump straight to your ro unit will not work as you have found out. The best way would be to connect your ro to your mist king reservoir along with a float switch to fill the bucket when it gets low.

That is exatly what im trying to do, so ur saying kinda apply the toilet method to it. Humm,, never thought of that's a great idea. Im open to all opinions, any plumbers have On here.

I use one of these on the lid of a 5 gallon bucket.

FV15.jpg

https://filterdirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=81&products_id=100

When I had my RODI system I connected it to my water tank. The best way to do it was in the prior responses with a float switch. I started just manually turning on my water to the tank when it was low but that was a pain. I installed a float and never had to worry about it again. I would just inspect the float during routine cleaning to make sure it would not stick and overflow :)

Back
Top Bottom