R.I.P Ivy

chameleon guy

My female veiled Ivy died today. It was because of egg binding. Seeing her lying there was the most heart breaking thing i have ever seen. I feel so dumb. If only I had put an egg laying bin in earlier she would still be alive. Apparently I was to late. She was ten months under my care. I have had many pets die on me and sorry to say but I cared the most about Ivy. People tell me just get another one. I might get a veiled male but no other chameleon can replace Ivy. I got her when she was just four inches with her tail out. Well for all you who have female chameleons don't make the mistake I did. Good bye Ivy, I love you.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your little girl. It's always hard to loose one of our little friends. My heart goes out to you. Jann

its good to see respect for reptiles....rip Ivy.....she is in a better place with candy crickets.

I am really sorry to hear about Ivy. I completely understand that another cham will never take her place. The egg problems are why I am shying away from females.

You are not grieving alone. We are with you. This is just my belief but I'm pretty sure that the majority of the forum members on here (myself included) have experienced the pain and sorrow of losing a beloved cham. I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care. :(

I am so sorry.. Most people dont know that females lay infertile eggs regardless if they have been mated so I am sure you are not the first (Just as kevin has lost his). I know what you are going through all too well..You tried and we know that and more importantly, YOU know that.. R I P Ivy.

I'm so sorry about your cham. Loosing a pet is always the worst ever.
I haven't had any chams die on me..yet bu i know the feeling. I miss my turtle:(

my male yemen died today so i feel your pain espec seem as i know if i took him to the vets sooner then i did then he may still be alive im really sorry to hear about ivy

Back
Top Bottom