R.I.P. Eponine

emilily

Eponine, my little female Jackson's died this morning. She pretty well stayed in the same spot all yesterday. She was in the same spot this morning, but with a leg hanging off the branch. I thought she was impacted so I gave her a warm shower and a little later took her outside. She kept hanging off the branches outside and kept her mouth open, so I brought her back in. She wouldn't even grab on to me with her hands, so I laid her on a branch and leaning on a plant. She was pretty white as soon as I brought her in from outside. She eventually grabbed on to the branch in her cage a little bit, because she changed positions. I checked on her again fifteen minutes later and she was dead.

Thank goodness my husband was home for lunch. This is the first time I have had one of my own pets die and I take it kind of hard. I wrapped her in a bandana, put her in the box from our wedding thank-you cards and buried her in the back yard.

So sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it can be. Hopefully your next one will ease the pain. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom