r DUBIAS better 4 a veiled cham then crickets?

buddy912

im realy not liking these crickets at all my friends! :( So i heard that dubia roaches were better for them and they dont climb plastic, they dont fly or jump and they dont smell as bad. is this all true ???? :)

Yes its all true, they are the new wonder food. However they are slow growers, dont "wiggle" so some chams dont like them, and the gut load needs to change alittle vs crickets (they need about half the protein). Im currently switching from crickets to dubia if you want to chat.

yes this is true dubia are way superior. but you wanna have a variety of feeders not just one type you wanna mix it up a bit.
oh that i do know. he eats butter worms and horn worms. i ordered locusts and dubia. plus he eats romain, apple slivers pothos ;) , really pretty much any vegetation. he is a great eater. :) i just wanna get rid of those crickets i realy never took to them. EVER ! lol. i will handle spider b4 crickets. :eek:

Yes its all true, they are the new wonder food. However they are slow growers, dont "wiggle" so some chams dont like them, and the gut load needs to change alittle vs crickets (they need about half the protein). Im currently switching from crickets to dubia if you want to chat.
buddy my 2 year old male veiled is a great eater, don't really have to move much for him altho he does have more fun when they move more. he will actualy eat lettuce of his pink plate. :) he see that n he comes a running. i have only had him for 2 weeks now and we recently just moved him to a way bigger viv, and i dont like the crickets on the bottom, the way we have it they might get out so id rather the dubia i heard they dont climb plastic or fly or jump so i am in !! :D

oh that i do know. he eats butter worms and horn worms. i ordered locusts and dubia. plus he eats romain, apple slivers pothos ;) , really pretty much any vegetation. he is a great eater. :) i just wanna get rid of those crickets i realy never took to them. EVER ! lol. i will handle spider b4 crickets. :eek:

how have you ordered locust if your from the U.S?

No I mean you carnt buy locust in the US like we carnt get hornworms in the UK, are you sure you don't mean mantids?

I don't know what age your Cham is and if you do mean locusts don't buy ones with wings ( wingers) they may bite your Cham and they are much more evil than crickets IMO.:D

It's def recommended to give your cham a large variety of feeders. I wouldn't just stick to dubai, because he may not even like them. If you're worried about crickets because they're LOUD, then stick them in your closet at night or the bathroom. If you hate them getting out their feeder cups, then pinch their back legs and they'll pop off before you throw them in the cup.

As for Dubai's...My cham didn't really care for them at first. Up until he hit 7 months and i gave him a large adult. He seems to attack those things pretty aggressively! For some odd reason he doesn't go for the smaller dubai's. But indeed they are easier to clean, store, and feed.

I feed my cham crickets and wax worms (those things are like crack to a chameleon, and really fatty so give them as treats here and there). I also bought him mealworms awhile back, which i highly don't recommend. They're hard for chams to digest but i only feed them when i notice they molted. Usually they're allot softer then, so i'll feed them to my cham and he loves them.

Waiting for my next pay check to order him some horn worms, Superworms, and silk worms. Also looking to order some dragon flys and praying matis' :)

Trying to get my little guy a large variety!

Back
Top Bottom