R. acuminatus eggs

mphelps

Established Member
Just a quick note: I excavated three R. acuminatus eggs a couple days ago and set them up in vermiculite. They are from a recently imported female. So they will be CH (if they hatch).

The eggs felt more rigid, more brittle than eggs of other species I have bred (panthers, quads, and brevs). They didn't have that springy, rubbery feel that is normal for panther eggs. The substrate in the vivarium was not overly wet, so that is not the source of the apparent rigidity of the eggs.

They are tiny!

Finger crossed for some hatchlings.

What a cool species to hatch! I will be waiting to hear how it goes. Hopefully all 3 are good and just feel different.

Thanks Laurie. The eggs look perfect. I was surprised when I picked them up that they felt rigid. But I think they're fine.

I will post what happens. Hopefully, it will be good news.

I am finding R. acuminatus a delight to work with. They are very bold and always out moving around where you can see them. I have 3.2, and all my individuals will take small crickets from my fingers.

Thanks Laurie. The eggs look perfect. I was surprised when I picked them up that they felt rigid. But I think they're fine.

I will post what happens. Hopefully, it will be good news.

I am finding R. acuminatus a delight to work with. They are very bold and always out moving around where you can see them. I have 3.2, and all my individuals will take small crickets from my fingers.

Very cool!! HOpefully the eggs and incubation goes well! This pygmy is one that actually sparks my interest. Very neat looking! You should take some pics!:D

Very cool!! HOpefully the eggs and incubation goes well! This pygmy is one that actually sparks my interest. Very neat looking! You should take some pics!:D

jared you are following me for a change, this is the one of only two pgymy's I would want.

jared you are following me for a change, this is the one of only two pgymy's I would want.

Laurie and Jared, you two need to loosen up about pygmies. I've kept larger, "standard" chameleons for about 15 years, but recently had to downsize due to a move and plans to adopt a child (hence, loosing my lizard room). I've been pleasantly surprised by pygmies. Fascinating terrarium subjects.

Laurie, what's the other species which you find interesting?

Back
Top Bottom