Quick question about my new Baby Veiled

Notinvain

Brought home my new vieled Kecleon a few days ago( Hes about 2.5 inches long not counting the tail, dont know his exact age). However he seems to be very shy and afraid. My biggest concern however is that he does nothing but hang under the uvb attached to the top of the cage. Hes been eating kinda but I feel hes still not eating as much as he should.(only about 5 crickets a day, 1/8th's) and I would expect him to have to bask but he ignores the half of the cage with the basking light. I dont believe its too hot because the temp is around 75-85. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Yemen/Vieled Chamelon, Male, About 3 days
Handling - Once when I moved him into the tank and once when I upgraded his perches.
Feeding - 1/8th crickets dusted with Calcium powder without D3 everyday. 10 in the morning and more if he eats them.
Watering - I use manual misting and a drip system. Drip is constant and misting 3-5 times a day for about 2 minutes each time.
Fecal Description - Last poop I saw was pretty good had the white and everything but only once. and Never tested hes new.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Glass with a screen top ( Will post pictures as soon as Gf Gives me her cam.)
Lighting - Heat Glo infared heat lamp 50W(I turn it off at night) and a repti glo 10.0 coil.
Temperature -The Basking spot on the right hand side is 85 degrees.(Measured with infared temp gun) and the spot furthest away is 70.
Humidity - Regularly around 35-40 when misting goes to 80
Plants - Fakes atm.
Placement - The cage is on the righthand side of my computer desk (raised above both my monitor and my eyelevel.
Location - Canada, Toronto, Ontario
Current Problem - see above

Haha thank you, so by just raising the bulb a bit the temperature will go down correct? and In doing so he'll eat more and stop clinging to the damn top of the cage?

Yes, raising the bulb would be best. I don't like the bulb too close to babies anyway. A new UVB bulb seems to hurt their eyes.

If i am reading this correctly ( Heat Glo infared heat lamp 50W(I turn it off at night) and a repti glo 10.0 coil ).If it is a red type bulb than that is bad for them.Also i have been told the coil bulbs cause eye issues.You need to have the repti glo 5.0 bulb in a tube version.

If i am reading this correctly ( Heat Glo infared heat lamp 50W(I turn it off at night) and a repti glo 10.0 coil ).If it is a red type bulb than that is bad for them.Also i have been told the coil bulbs cause eye issues.You need to have the repti glo 5.0 bulb in a tube version.

I totally agree. Hopefully, the link I provided will be used to get everything needed to keep this baby healthy.

Back
Top Bottom