Quick Poo Check!

ChamDE86

Avid Member
Hey guys,

Being a fairly new owner, I've been pretty anal about keeping my 4.5 month old chameleon as healthy as possible. I've read the poop 101 thread, but wanted to be certain that his poo is normal. I think it is for the most part, but some reassurance from members on here would help ease my mind a bit further. Just to give a bit more details on the feeders. He started off on crickets before I got him. He then stopped and started up on dubias. Now he eats very little dubias and only picks out the phoenix worms. I have a shipment of butter/superworms coming in today, so his variety will only increase. I just hope he doesn't stop eating one feeder altogether in favor of a new one. :D

IMG_20141224_092510.jpg

IMG_20141224_092502.jpg

Here's a recent picture of my picky eater :cool:
IMG_20141216_151606.jpg

Looks like a good poop to me. He's a little fellow so I think the size is appropriate, firm poop with nice white urate..
Cricket and Dubia are an excellent staple with a worm or two as a treat is fine..

Thanks for the verification, Lisa! My biggest issue right now is getting him to eat all the feeders, instead of picking what he likes :rolleyes:

Thanks for the verification, Lisa! My biggest issue right now is getting him to eat all the feeders, instead of picking what he likes :rolleyes:

Glad to ease your mind on the poop...

Sometimes you just have to practice a little tough love on them, they can be quite stubborn and persistent when it comes to feeders. when Stanley was younger he'd somtimes go on a cricket strike for weeks. If you don't cave in and give them worms they'll finally start back on the crickets, they won't starve themselves!! :)

:D:D:D

I put a bowl filled with some dubias and crickets in his cage today. He came running down, but realized there weren't any phoenix worms and gave me the look of disappointment. I almost gave in because I want him to eat and grow, but decided to stand my ground. It's day 2 of his strike, but I know he's hungry, so hopefully he'll come around. Thanks again for your input.

Back
Top Bottom