Quick Cham Question

terrahm

So I have those LED strip lights in my room that you see twitch streamers or gamer rooms have, i’ll insert a picture, and I wanted to know if this hurts my chams eyes or not? I noticed when I put them super bright or on colors like purple or blue he gets his scared spots and starts running around, do they see LED or certain colors differently than we do?

Attachments

• EDF1E796-0B99-485F-B2A5-F231AD7B3CF2.jpeg
    EDF1E796-0B99-485F-B2A5-F231AD7B3CF2.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 56
Glad you asked the question since chameleons do use visual colors to communicate their moods. Usually dark being stress or super bright being anger (fired up)... Back in the day, I was told lizards don't see the color red. Well, then why did my monitor, beardy chase a red laser? My frogs and toads will even try to eat the light too... Good call to ask.

Glad you asked the question since chameleons do use visual colors to communicate their moods. Usually dark being stress or super bright being anger (fired up)... Back in the day, I was told lizards don't see the color red. Well, then why did my monitor, beardy chase a red laser? My frogs and toads will even try to eat the light too... Good call to ask.
Thank you! I stopped as soon as I noticed his behavior, I just wanted to learn more. Will definitely read up more on this.

Thank you! I stopped as soon as I noticed his behavior, I just wanted to learn more. Will definitely read up more on this.
Yes chameleons see the world differently than we do . I've even read that without the proper lighting they don't see a full range of color.

Back
Top Bottom