Quick Basking light question

KingJulian

Hey everyone,
quick question, I'm housing my panther chameleon in a 2x2x4 with a 60watt house bulb and a 8.5 inch dome housing. He just seems lethargic and wont really eat. I was thinking about upping his basking bulb to a 75 watt bulb to see if that helps but I'm honestly scared of thermal burning him. Any suggestions would help.

Do you know what the temperatures are on his basking spot? Can't really say to increase it without knowing what the temps are :confused:

What type of cham and how old?

What are basking temps?

If you like you could fill out the info on the asking for help form (link is in my signature) and we can have a look at your husbandry to see if we can help with ur chams symptoms??? Easier if we have the full picture ;)

Welcome BTW :)

He is a one and three month old male ambilobe panther chameleon, his basking temp as of right now with the 75 watt bulb is 95 degrees farenheit. He is currently in a 2x2x4 screen enclosure.

I have my 2yr old at a 90F basking spot. I'm not saying that is the correct temp. You may want it a bit lower for a younger cham, say around 88F???

Lower the temp and see if that makes him perk up.

Otherwise, fill out the form and we can see if there may be any other reasons??? ;)

Lol Kat I like how you have that linked in your sig

Oh, thanks hun. I think it makes it easier for new keepers asking for help, rather than them having to trawl the forum to find it.

You quite often get asked a question, but you can only answer it if you have ALL of the info with regard to husbandry, age and type of cham. So instead of asking 50million different questions, makes sense to get the full picture immediately.

Thought I'd put link in my sig to make it easier for others to access tho ;)

Back
Top Bottom