Questions! :)

Hannah04

I'm just trying to get my cage all fixed up for my future little guy!

Couple questions,

Is a panther a good starter? And at what age should I get it?

What is everyone using for feeding cups? Do the crickets not jump out? Haha

Also I have the two lights required, the basking spot light, starting with a 50w, and the UVB I have is Exoterra reptile uvb 100, 26w-former repti glo 5.0 compact- my question is this, they don't seem to "light up" my cage very much, I do however have a fish tank canopy light that holds 18" tube lights and many fish tank bulbs, is it okay to use a fish tank bulb for extra light, or is that a bad idea?

Is there such thing as too much UVB for these guys? Cause I could always get the tube UVB lighting?

I think panthers are a very good starting chameleons. My little ambilobe panther chameleon has been great :) I also use a feeding cup sometimes because he is used to it, and he knows where his food is at. When it comes to the light, I personally use a 10.0 UBV light, but I have no clue if the amount of light output is different :/

Panther is good to start with, some people suggest you have some prior experience with reptiles though.

I use a blue solo cup for my feeding cup (dont use red cause my cham fires up to red things) and the crickets cant jump out of it, it is too tall.

Most people suggest a 60w bulb but if your 50w bulb is still putting out 80+ degrees then you should be good.

How big is your cage? I have a 24x24x48 and my lights dont light up my whole cage, but I think that's a good thing cause my cham has some shade to hang out in while hes not basking. But I guess the extra light couldnt hurt if you really think its necessary.

shouldnt use higher then 5.0 for uvb i cup fed and they do fine with it. i would try to get 5 month panther easier to handle and they can handle more stress then the littler ones. just make sure you get lots of branches and plants and youll do fine.

shouldnt use higher then 5.0 for uvb i cup fed and they do fine with it. i would try to get 5 month panther easier to handle and they can handle more stress then the littler ones. just make sure you get lots of branches and plants and youll do fine.
I agree with this too 10.0 is for desert reptiles

I agree with this too 10.0 is for desert reptiles

Well when I was purchasing a new bulb the guy at LLLReptile suggested a 10.0 rather than a 5.0 due to the fact that Blue Bar Ambilobes are an African species and receive a lot of sunlight daily. I just went by what he said.

Thanks everyone, I'll try the solo cups! :) how do you hook them on the cage?

Does anyone have any ideas about the fish tank lights? If I got one of the exo terra 5.0 tube lights, and already have the compact bulb, is that too much?

Panther is good to start with, some people suggest you have some prior experience with reptiles though.

I use a blue solo cup for my feeding cup (dont use red cause my cham fires up to red things) and the crickets cant jump out of it, it is too tall.

Most people suggest a 60w bulb but if your 50w bulb is still putting out 80+ degrees then you should be good.

How big is your cage? I have a 24x24x48 and my lights dont light up my whole cage, but I think that's a good thing cause my cham has some shade to hang out in while hes not basking. But I guess the extra light couldnt hurt if you really think its necessary.

My cage is 24wX24hX18D for now.. I just have a lot of plants that seem to make my cage quite dark

Any ideas for answers to the light questions? Is it okay to use the fish tank tube lighting (it's the Hagen glo brand and its the aqua glo bulb)? Is it okay to have two 5.0 reptiglo?

Back
Top Bottom