Questions of Acclimation

djfunkshowkid

Hey there, just had a quick question. I got on Veiled about 6mo old and he acclimated to his new home just fine (just haven't seen him actively drink yet). His colors are great, he's eating...and for the first couple days he hung out in the back...but now is all over his enclosure.

I picked up a smaller 2mo old Veiled...and I have seen him actively drink, and eat...however he is substantially darker then what he was when I first got him. He was a brilliant green with white (normal baby)...but now is an olive green. Is his olive green color just basically because he's transitioning to his new homestead?

**EDIT**
Just went over there to take a couple photo's for ya'll...but as you can see, he must have JUST gotten settled in. Looks fine and dandy now.

-----

Yeah, I know his cage is adequate...but not exactly up to my own personal standards. He's just in there till I build him his permanent enclosure. I have a habit of going overboard, and my wife and I decided that when we move to our new house (in a month or two) that we're going to go ahead and devote one of our rooms to the reptiles. These guys have no idea what kind of paradise they are in for.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 226
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 184
Hmmm...checked after their misting shower, and here he is, out of the way of the mist...and dark olive green again.

Maybe the thermometer is bad? Is he too cold? It's showing the ambient air being 80-85* and humidity at 45-60%.

How new are they

My cham was dark green for the first two weeks almost but now he stays light green some chams just take longer to get settled in.

Hmmm...checked after their misting shower, and here he is, out of the way of the mist...and dark olive green again.

Maybe the thermometer is bad? Is he too cold? It's showing the ambient air being 80-85* and humidity at 45-60%.

Chameleons change colors that's what they do, and they do it for several reasons. The fire up when they are mad, they turn dark when they are stressed, or just want to heat up faster "which is probably your chams reason". I wouldn't give it a second thought unless he stays that color, and his eating, and drinking habits change. We express our emotion, and communication with words. Chams use their colors. Good luck :)

Looks like your light is melting your background. That would have to be ridiculously hot to do that. Just a though.

haha, yeah it did when I was setting things up. *No chameleons were harmed in this process"...lol. I sat another light there and neglected to turn it off while working on the other enclosure. All is fine now.

If anything, I think my thermometer is off...and it's not showing the correct temp. Im buying a new one today. Some of these "spring loaded" thermometers are junk...time to go digital.

Back
Top Bottom