Questionary answers.

Trailgem

Avid Member
I think it might be a good idea to fill this out...

Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled chameleon. Male, with me about 1 week. Store said he is about 6 month old. (I don’t think they really knew)

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not at this time, I want to give him some time to adjust.

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets Once a day. Fluckers cricket quencher

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I’m dusting the crickets with repti calcium without d3

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Misting 4 to 5 times a day for 30 seconds.

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Brown and white , but uria has a tiny bit of orange at the end.

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Store told me he is about 6 month old, and the other chameleons at the store kept picking on him.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen 36x 13x13, I think. I’ll get the larger one delivered on Tuesday.

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? T5 HO and basket light 12/12

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 90 near basking area 79 other areas. I have sticky temperature measure thing and a laser gun to measure temps all around the cage

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humility is 40. I’m using a misting system. Misting 4 to 5 times a day for 30 seconds. (I know that’s a lot, but I can’t get the humidity level past 40.

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Dracaena, money tree and another one, can’t think of the name but I’ve seen it in many other cage pictures.

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? It’s in a side table in my living room. There is a fan, but it’s not hear the cage. I keep him outside for about 2 hrs per day (too hot for longer periods)

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?
Columbia SC

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. I can’t get the humidity level past 40 for longer than 20 minutes.

I have a female as well, but she is now in a separate cage... exact same cage setup, but includes a lay bin. same humidity issue. You should think here in SC that should t be a problem.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
so for your gut load I recommend repashy bug burger or cricket crack or a home made gutload. those seem to work best. flukers doesn't really provide nutrients. if you want to stick to flukers put fresh fruit and veggies in there too to make up for any nutrients lost.

for supplements you should be doing d3 twice a month multivitamin twice a month and no d3 every day

I personally suggest misting for 2 mins each time 3 times a day

the orange is a sign of dehydration you need to be misting longer each time you mist.

the cage should be a minimum 2x2x4 but you probably already know that

how old is your chameleon? 85 is a good basking temp for juveniles after 9 months switch to 90

for humidity I suggest getting another plant and/or covering up the sides of the cage with a shower curtain. it may also be because youre misting sessions are too short allowing the water to dry up right after you spray it.

hopefully you find my suggestions useful!

so for your gut load I recommend repashy bug burger or cricket crack or a home made gutload. those seem to work best. flukers doesn't really provide nutrients. if you want to stick to flukers put fresh fruit and veggies in there too to make up for any nutrients lost.

for supplements you should be doing d3 twice a month multivitamin twice a month and no d3 every day

I personally suggest misting for 2 mins each time 3 times a day

the orange is a sign of dehydration you need to be misting longer each time you mist.

the cage should be a minimum 2x2x4 but you probably already know that

how old is your chameleon? 85 is a good basking temp for juveniles after 9 months switch to 90

for humidity I suggest getting another plant and/or covering up the sides of the cage with a shower curtain. it may also be because youre misting sessions are too short allowing the water to dry up right after you spray it.

hopefully you find my suggestions useful!
Thank you, I really appreciate all the tips I can get. And yes, new cage in its way. First I’m gonna change the misting sessions and I’ll add another plant.

Back
Top Bottom