Question

Treztopia

So i need help i have a chameleon and his cage just had a gnat problem so I cleaned it. I read online to prevent gnats that you can use lemon oil, so i clean his cage and his carpet in his cage then sprinkle a little bit of lemon oil on it is that bad for my chameleon?

So i need help i have a chameleon and his cage just had a gnat problem so I cleaned it. I read online to prevent gnats that you can use lemon oil, so i clean his cage and his carpet in his cage then sprinkle a little bit of lemon oil on it is that bad for my chameleon?

I would not do use any oils inside the cage. You can remove the plants, treat them, quarantine them and then replace them. I would also remove the carpet asap it can harbor bacteria.

When I get new plants for the enclosure I repot all soil and do a mini quarantine for a week or so. A gnat here and there should not harm your chameleon.

I would not do use any oils inside the cage. You can remove the plants, treat them, quarantine them and then replace them. I would also remove the carpet asap it can harbor bacteria.

When I get new plants for the enclosure I repot all soil and do a mini quarantine for a week or so. A gnat here and there should not harm your chameleon.
Okay thanks so much

There are beneficial nematodes you can buy online and mix into your soil that will reduce or eliminate you fungus gnat problem. Even amazon has them.

@Treztopia here’s a fix that I got from a rep from the Mistking both @ the Pomona show was to install a PC fan on top of the cage. I wish I could remember his name but any way he put it like this. With a Cham you will have lots of humidity and that’s fine but it’s the stagnant air that will give you the problem. So I purchased a PC and what do you know in just a little over a week no more gnats! Made my wife happy too that she don’t see them flying around the house anymore :)

Back
Top Bottom