Question

CharlieCharmingo

Avid Member
IMG_7558.JPG
Hey guys anyone know about praying mantis? If yes is Marty really Mary and is she laying eggs? And if she is laying eggs how do I protect them so they can come full term?

Wait but more IMPORTANTLY is she going to die after giving birth like spiders?

A little FYI from a spider obsessed keeper, Female spiders do not die after laying eggs. I have a few female tarantulas that have laid several successful eggs sacks. Male spiders are unfortunately on the post- mating menu if they are not fast enough. Even if the male gets away safely they don't usually live much longer. Their purpose is basically to survive until maturity and then find a mate. Once they accomplish this they tend to wither away.

Actually, now that I think of it, mantises have a bit in common with spiders lol. If the male isn't quick enough, he becomes dinner. Tough to be a bug lol

A little FYI from a spider obsessed keeper, Female spiders do not die after laying eggs. I have a few female tarantulas that have laid several successful eggs sacks. Male spiders are unfortunately on the post- mating menu if they are not fast enough. Even if the male gets away safely they don't usually live much longer. Their purpose is basically to survive until maturity and then find a mate. Once they accomplish this they tend to wither away.

Actually, now that I think of it, mantises have a bit in common with spiders lol. If the male isn't quick enough, he becomes dinner. Tough to be a bug lol

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that. There was a spider that laid eggs inside an old bug cage outside and shortly after it died. I just figured that's just what happens after they lay their eggs because my closing thing to keeping female spiders is Charlotte's Web.....and we all know how that ends lol.

You said..."Haha interesting enough the moment I posted this I did my own google search realizing I have a fully functional brain and am capable of light research, and stumbled upon this. Thank you though!"...glad you figured out that your brain was functional and capable! :)

Back
Top Bottom