Question

Tortdad

Established Member
So as you most of you know from my other recent posts my panther comes tomorrow. He's roughly 2-1/2 months old so I know he's to eat every day but what's the best method to make sure he's eating? I can't really hand feed 1/4" crickets and dubia.

Should I stick them in my cup and let it be for him to discover? Should I move the cham in front of the cup? Of course I'll let some just roam in the enclosure but that's hard to track what's been eaten. Maybe take the cham out and have a small bowl I can keep in front of him? My enclosure is 4' wide 4'-6" tall and 19" deep. That little guy might not find all of the crickets if I just dump them in there.

Help me work through these last minuet panics, lol. The cham is already in transit and gets delivered in the AM. I have 2 feeder cups, nick Bartus knock offs (sorry nick). I was going to order some of his cups when I saw how they were made and I litterly had all the supplies already in my garage... all but a can of green paint, so I made 2 knock offs.

Babies seem to take to free roaming the best, but they'll catch on with the cup too. A healthy baby will find the crickets, this surprised me. They'll notice movement in their cage. I'd just feed until he stops eating/you don't see food left. Unless you have suspicion that something is wrong with him, or he's losing weight, you should be fine. Place a carrot in at night, if any crickets are hiding you'll notice bitemarks out of the carrot.

Just remember chameleons are probably the most well suited animal for laying on a branch and finding insects from said branch, which is probably what the chameleon will be doing most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom