Question

Kayroxyoursox

My yoda escaped a few weeks ago ever since then he has really wanted to come out I tried to let him out today but he ran straight for the door and when I picked him up on a stick he freaked out and started running and i almost dropped him. He really wants to come out but he doesn't like me touching him. If I keep him in his cage he just crawls around the bottom trying to find a way out. I feel like if i let him out he is stressed but he is also stressed in his cage because he wants to come out. I don't have anywhere I can let him just go and free range alone. What should i do.

My yoda escaped a few weeks ago ever since then he has really wanted to come out I tried to let him out today but he ran straight for the door and when I picked him up on a stick he freaked out and started running and i almost dropped him. He really wants to come out but he doesn't like me touching him. If I keep him in his cage he just crawls around the bottom trying to find a way out. I feel like if i let him out he is stressed but he is also stressed in his cage because he wants to come out. I don't have anywhere I can let him just go and free range alone. What should i do.

Is there a safe spot in your room or the house where he can spend time (while you are around of course)? For example, on a plant stand in a sunny warm window? If there isn't anyplace in your house where its safe to let him out, you shouldn't do it. Once a cham realizes there is more to life than his cage, he'll want to visit it. You could also give him a larger cage so he can be more active safely.

I just put him in a 2x2x4 cage last week when I got my baby Panther, and he still tries to find a way out. I will try to find him a tree.

I found a 10ft ficus tree at a garage sale fro $30, I have NO IDEA why I didn't buy it but if you get a small tree to put inside like that im sure he will like it.

I found a 10ft ficus tree at a garage sale fro $30, I have NO IDEA why I didn't buy it but if you get a small tree to put inside like that im sure he will like it.

If you find a decent-looking fake Ficus tree at a home store you could use that. You can put it pretty much anywhere as you won't have to worry about killing it. I made a clump of fakes connected with tree branches, hung a ReptiSun from a lamp swag off the ceiling and it worked great!

Back
Top Bottom