Question Re: Dragon Strand Drainage Tray

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
With the drain pans I've been looking at on Amazon, most come furnished with a drain adapter of some sort so water can be drained away through the bottom or side of the pans.

I was just looking at the drainage trays on Dragon Strand's site, but can't see or find any such adapter, or anything in the description on how water is drained away.

Can anyone who has a Dragon Strand cage & tray tell me how collected water is drained away? THX

With the drain pans I've been looking at on Amazon, most come furnished with a drain adapter of some sort so water can be drained away through the bottom or side of the pans.

I was just looking at the drainage trays on Dragon Strand's site, but can't see or find any such adapter, or anything in the description on how water is drained away.

Can anyone who has a Dragon Strand cage & tray tell me how collected water is drained away? THX
I dont personally have one, but I believe there was a chameleon academy podcast episode that describes these and I think Bill said you can even just use a Turkey baster or dry/wet vac or whatever they're called to remove the water from the tray

I dont personally have one, but I believe there was a chameleon academy podcast episode that describes these and I think Bill said you can even just use a Turkey baster or dry/wet vac or whatever they're called to remove the water from the tray
I was afraid it might be something like that. What a PITA. How often does that need to be done?
With a mister running a few times a day, daily? More? [rhetorical—I know you don't have one]

I would think a drain would be a much better solution; leave a bucket under the drain line, and empty it once a week (or whenever...)

I'll look for the podcast, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this...

I was afraid it might be something like that. What a PITA. How often does that need to be done?
With a mister running a few times a day, daily? More? [rhetorical—I know you don't have one]

I would think a drain would be a much better solution; leave a bucket under the drain line, and empty it once a week (or whenever...)

I'll look for the podcast, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this...
Yeah i dont remember the exact episode, but I think it's one of the hydration ones.

And I have a 15qt Tupperware as my drain collection. I setup my misting system probably 2-3 weeks ago and have gone through just about 2.5 gallons and have not had to empty it yet. A surprising amount of water for my setup gets soaked up by the plants I guess

Back
Top Bottom