Question on shedding

blood4eva69

I GOT A QUESTION: For snakes when they shed its not recomended to bug them or hold them is it the same for Chams??

Blender is shedding again. this is the second shed since i got him so i was just wondering.

when they shed can i mist him dirrectly or around him?? usually i mist him and around.

thanks for the help

pohchunyee

Avid Member
well...............I handle my chameleon all the time no matter they are shedding or not....just that when they are shedding...they tend to be a little more aggressive. Spraying onto them when they shed sometimes might cause the old skin to adhere onto them. So, I would not recomend it. But if there are still remnent of old skin stuck onto them...i usually give them a bath and try to loosen the old skin that got stuck!! Hope this helps!!:D

pohchunyee

Avid Member
yes........sometimes they recycle their skin to get some of the calcium from it..indicating u might need to dust ur feeder more!!

Jordan

It is common for veileds to eat their own skin. From what I have read they will eat the skin left from other reptiles too. I would not think to much about it with them.

I see mine eat their skin most of the time. The rest of the time it dissappears without me cleaning it up so I assume they eat it even when I do not witness it.

pohchunyee

Avid Member
Newborn to 6 months old.............i usually feed them everyday... Monday, Thursday I suppliment with Rep Cal with D3...... and Wednesday, Saturday Repcal Multivitamin........

There is another way from Bluebeast Reptile:

2 month old chameleon up to 6 months:

Monday- Insects with no supplements. Sunday and Thursday- Herptivite Multivitamin. Wednesday and Saturday- MinerAll O. Tuesday- Rep Cal Calcium with D3. Friday- Rep Cal Calcium

(p/s: this list of supplements seems like a heavy supplement schedule. When supplements are used this often in this manner, it's very important to dust VERY LIGHTLY)

blood4eva69

how do u dust lightly?? what i do is put the crickets in a zipblock bag and then add alittle dust and get the crickets to get dusted...lol... is that ok??

pohchunyee

Avid Member
for example.................. usually you will put maybe a teaspoon of suppliment on to ur feeder.......... light means..........put manybe 1/4 suppliment or less i guess:confused:

blood4eva69

well right now im only dusting 4 days aweek and only with calcium. should i dust alittle more heavy and increase it to 5 day since he ate his skin??:confused:

pohchunyee

Avid Member
nah..................never over do it...........it will be bad for your chameleon!!! it is normal for veiled to eat their skin.....dont worry!!

Top Bottom