QUESTION ON SHEDDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC's Baby

Avid Member
Hello everyone -- Angus is giving his best Godzilla Pose. Angus is 11 mths old now and becoming a very picky eater. He has gone on strike with crickets, roaches, and will only eat superworms. He is also slowed his intake waaaaayyyy down as well as expected. However, he shed a couple of weeks ago but this time it seemed to take him several days to shed. Part of him shed one day, then i found a couple of days later his lower half shed and it just seemed like it was taking a long time to get it all off of him and to go through the process. So my question , is why did this occur? and is this normal? or is it a lack of some nutrient? He seems to be doing fine, very active, don't see any other concerns other than that.
Angus 2 819.jpg

Agreed, they shed in sections after about 1yo. What is your supplement and gutload program look like?
Well he gets all the supplements required (i'm on the @Matt Vanilla Gorilla program and I gutload like a pro, so I didn't think it could be that, but wanted to ask to make sure. That makes me feel better. He asks great and is getting very use to us and now when I open the door, he comes to the front and starts coming out with us more, so me and my son handle him alot and he is really gentle. He might hiss every now and then, but he is so dang cute. He is our cool little dude! My son really likes him.

Well he gets all the supplements required (i'm on the @Matt Vanilla Gorilla program and I gutload like a pro, so I didn't think it could be that, but wanted to ask to make sure. That makes me feel better. He asks great and is getting very use to us and now when I open the door, he comes to the front and starts coming out with us more, so me and my son handle him alot and he is really gentle. He might hiss every now and then, but he is so dang cute. He is our cool little dude! My son really likes him.
or is it a lack of some nutrient?
Why would you come here asking if the problems were nutrient related and then refuse to give the people helping you all the information they need to help you?

Why would you come here asking if the problems were nutrient related and then refuse to give the people helping you all the information they need to help you?
WOW --- Didn't expect to get that! I'm sorry, I am at work and didn't have time to list all my supplements as I am a little busy. And since it seemed that you guys were saying that was normal, then I figured my question was answered. Now, I think I remember why I don't get on this site much anymore. I don't need the backlash. Thanks anyway. I think your response was a little too much and a little too negative for my taste.

Last edited:
This is very common as they get older, nothing to worry about. As they grow, they stop "exploding" with shed all over their body all at once
Thanks for that. I kinda thought so but aired on the side of caution and thought I would ask. I didn't think I would get "ranted on" though by others below. WOW -- makes me not a fan of the site and maybe the administrators ought to nip some people in the bud for being a little "too rude" - treating people as if they don't care about their chams is not acceptable.

Thanks for that. I kinda thought so but aired on the side of caution and thought I would ask. I didn't think I would get "ranted on" though by others below. WOW -- makes me not a fan of the site and maybe the administrators ought to nip some people in the bud for being a little "too rude" - treating people as if they don't care about their chams is not acceptable.
He was not being rude hun. Matt’s supplement schedule is not something we all know or use. He was asking a question.

The last time you were here there was an outpouring of love and help for what you were going through with your health. I find it weird that you would go on the attack. That is not like the wonderful woman I got to know before you left the forum.

Anyways hope you are doing better. Angus looks wonderful.

maybe the administrators ought to nip some people in the bud for being a little "too rude" -
That happens on a regular basis. Neither I nor my comment fall into that category. You are assuming tone over plain text, and have failed quite miserably. It was a perfectly legitimate question. I’m glad you got the answers you were looking for.

He was not being rude hun. Matt’s supplement schedule is not something we all know or use. He was asking a question.

The last time you were here there was an outpouring of love and help for what you were going through with your health. I find it weird that you would go on the attack. That is not like the wonderful woman I got to know before you left the forum.

Anyways hope you are doing better. Angus looks wonderful.
Beeman -- It was an unecessary attack to me anyway you look at it I feel. I found it uncalled for in the way it was stated and worded. Not appreciated at all and I am certainly not going on an attack but on a defense that I found it rude. I get that you are very close to him so don't cover for his rudeness.

That happens on a regular basis. Neither I nor my comment fall into that category. You are assuming tone over plain text, and have failed quite miserably. It was a perfectly legitimate question. I’m glad you got the answers you were looking for.
I am sure it happens on a regular basis with you. You were indicating my lack of why I am questioning something and then saying "I refuse"................. I didn't "refuse" anything. Poor choice of wording. Not supplying the answers and refusing are two different things. That was uncalled for and you are rude and need to choose your wording better. It comes across as an attack no matter how many times you read it.

Beeman -- It was an unecessary attack to me anyway you look at it I feel. I found it uncalled for in the way it was stated and worded. Not appreciated at all and I am certainly not going on an attack but on a defense that I found it rude. I get that you are very close to him so don't cover for his rudeness.
Repeat, I was the one "attacked" here.

I am not covering for his remark because I do not feel that it was rude in any way. I do not feel the need to cover for his remark. He is an adult and has his opinions and can speak them freely.

You have missed quite a bit since you left. And wow we talked endlessly for months while you were prepping to get Angus. I would expect a bit more warmth out of you towards me. Since you seem to know I am close to Brody you should know about a heck of a lot more that I have been through in the past few months as well. Have a good day Carmen. I am done with this thread and your tone.

This is a forum for discussing chameleon husbandry and health as well as general topics involving chameleon.

NOT a forum for being over sensitive. If you didn’t like a question or “tone” ignore them and move on.

Also: If you don’t have time to fully answer a question, wait to reply until you do. People that are taking time out of their day to help you deserve your full attention.

Last edited:
All snowflakes view anything other than 100% agreement as an attack. Your being overly sensitive.

Go back and read where all the likes and comments fall since this began. So far, it’s just you against all of us. That alone should tell you your on the wrong side of this issue but I seriously doubt you can suppress your pride long enough for that to sink it.

I’m glad you now understand how your chams shedding works.

This is a forum for discussing chameleon husbandry and health as well as general topics involving chameleon.

NOT a forum for being over sensitive. If you didn’t like a question or “tone” ignore them and move on.

Also: If you don’t have time to fully answer a question, wait to reply until you do. People that are taking time out of their day to help you deserve your full attention.
[/QUOT
All snowflakes view anything other than 100% agreement as an attack. Your being overly sensitive.

Go back and read where all the likes and comments fall since this began. So far, it’s just you against all of us. That alone should tell you your on the wrong side of this issue but I seriously doubt you can suppress your pride long enough for that to sink it.

[/QUOTE

Snowflakes? really? You just proved the point I was making.

snowflakes ? really ? Again, proving my point.

I am sure it happens on a regular basis with you. You were indicating my lack of why I am questioning something and then saying "I refuse"................. I didn't "refuse" anything. Poor choice of wording. Not supplying the answers and refusing are two different things. That was uncalled for and you are rude and need to choose your wording better. It comes across as an attack no matter how many times you read it.
Repeat, I was the one "attacked" here.
snowflakes ? really ? Again, proving my point.

So typing all this out was faster then typing out your supplement routine?

And you are lecturing someone else about their pride? Let’s take a step back here. Absolutely nothing about that post was at all constructive or useful or in line with the helpful culture or attitude we support here on Chameleon Forums. Consider this a warning and in the future keep your rants to yourself.

As for everyone else - that is enough. This thread is closed for further comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom