Question on setting up corner brackets for mister

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
I finally opened the AquaZamp I bought but am not sure about the placement of the corner brackets for the misters.

Do you just sit them in the corner on the screen or do you screw them into the corner of the cage? There are little holes that suggest they should be screwed in, but no mention of it in the instructions.

Thanks.

Janet, I would not turn the aqua zamp on. Your cham is still adjusting. The very best thing you can do for him is see to his basic needs and leave him alone. I would not even go see him unless there was a reason to do so. That is how I feel they acclimate the best, imo.

Janet, I would not turn the aqua zamp on. Your cham is still adjusting. The very best thing you can do for him is see to his basic needs and leave him alone. I would not even go see him unless there was a reason to do so. That is how I feel they acclimate the best, imo.

:confused: The first thing I do with WC is super long misting and drip sessions with an automated system.

:confused: The first thing I do with WC is super long misting and drip sessions with an automated system.

I think the point is that having someone reaching into the cage to set up an aqua zamp could stress the cham out.

Thanks guys. I am not crazy, honest. She has hin on a schedule, and he is settling in. He has been there since before Christmas, and I hate to see changes until he is past the two month mark. Then a quick change to his cage should no cause as much stress.

Thanks guys. I am not crazy, honest. She has hin on a schedule, and he is settling in. He has been there since before Christmas, and I hate to see changes until he is past the two month mark. Then a quick change to his cage should no cause as much stress.

Thanks everyone.

The system was supposed to arrive and be all set up and running long before he did, but that didn't happen.

I've had the system for almost two weeks but haven't set it up for the reasons Laurie gave. I was thinking of setting it up about now, but maybe waiting would be a better idea, especially now I've found one leg is bothering him. How much pain/stress it is causing him, I don't know. He moves well and grips well, but lets it hang when he's resting, so it does bother him. Yesterday he spent hours with it draped in a way that I swore put traction on that leg.

I really appreciate everyone's advice on how to help this wild caught acclimate to captivity.

Aside from the when to set the system up, how does everyone else attach the misters? Do they screw them in to the frame of the cage or just let them rest on top of the screen, butted into the corner and held to the screen by the lock nuts of the nozzle itself?

Thanks.

To answer the "how to attach" question: yes you can use the hole(s) provided in the enclosure or use small self tapping screws to attach the misting nozzle bracket in place. I used 2 small screws when I installed my mistking setup. I attached from inside the cage. I used a pencil to make the hole in the screen.

I think the point is that having someone reaching into the cage to set up an aqua zamp could stress the cham out.

Ok, makes sense. When I have to do anything inside the enclosure, I transfer the cham to a different enclosure for a few minutes so they don't get stressed from me monkeying around in there.

I've found that new imports get more stressed by my presence hand spraying/misting in front of their enclosures than they do when it just starts and stops automatically without me standing there.

Ok, makes sense. When I have to do anything inside the enclosure, I transfer the cham to a different enclosure for a few minutes so they don't get stressed from me monkeying around in there.

I've found that new imports get more stressed by my presence hand spraying/misting in front of their enclosures than they do when it just starts and stops automatically without me standing there.

I'm with Mike on this one. In the long run the chameleon will be disturbed less. Plus then he can be set up for some long showers.

Back
Top Bottom