Question on natural light

ryanra22

Pretty straightforward. I know direct sunlight is very beneficial for chameleons but I was wondering if just being outside in natural light is still helpful?

For example when I take my guy outside he usually spends the majority of time hiding in the more shaded areas of the tree and will spend less time out in the direct sunlight. So is he still receiving some beneficial light, or does that only come from direct sunlight exposure?

Thanks!

im pretty sure that just being outside in gen is awesome for their health im not sure about the like but im pretty sure that even in the shade they are till getting something out of it.

I agree just being outdoors in the fresh air has got to be good for them versus being cooped up in our houses with ac running and what not.

So is he still receiving some beneficial light, or does that only come from direct sunlight exposure?

There's still more UVB in shaded areas outside than you could ever bring to your terrarium by artificial lightning. But most notably it's enough for a chameleon to build vitamine D3.

Natural-Light.jpg

I like natural light myself!

Back
Top Bottom