Question on first egg laying.

Glitch

Ive had my Female now for almost a year. (Sept will be her happy birthday) And so far, I have not seen her drop any eggs. I have seen her occ. puff out her chin and start to get all fancy but no real color change. I've been trying to find when it is they usually start to lay their FIRST eggs from being a baby but no luck. Any help appreciated. Man its been a while since ive been here....

Glitch

many factors can lead to egg laying my female panther is only 6 months and showing intrests into making babies already. What type of cham do you have this might help. but if you notice the color changing or she is starting to get a little wider up her water intake and put calcium on her food for every feeding. not over board but make sure your crickets and feeders are dusted daily. this helps with egg binding and plus they are pulling the nutrients for the eggs if they are fertile or not from their own bodies. also get an egg bin just in case ready i use a deep tupperware box 8"-8"-12" and fill it with warm vermiculite put enough water in it till you can squeeze out a drop of water and place it directly under the basking/heat light.

Should have mentioned before sorry lol im working on a Project post for work at the same time.

Its a Veiled Chameleon, I do have a deep tupperware dish ready with vermiculite ready when ever she is. I use rep-cal Herptivite and calcium with vit. D *I saw a few people a while ago when i first got her recommended these* I feed her twice weekly, alternating weekly once a week between the two with just barely a pinch as the dose.

did you say you only feed her twice a week of dust. if she is starting to show signs i'd put food in her cage everyday with calcium without d3 but still do the rotating with d3 twice a week.

Ok, what about if i keep live plants in their that are ok for her to eat, or other misc greens and fruits? Cause she goes to town on those through the week when i dont have crickets. and those are in their. I change those out daily to Every other day. I like to give her a Variety ^^

Back
Top Bottom