Question on basking

My ~8 month old panther basks quite often, more than what I would suspect is normal I have recently bumped the temp up and he still is always under the light, and he normally has his stomach touching the branch is that normal or should be fully supporting himself under hislegs? He is not really laying there as all four legs are perched.

EDIT: he also rests his chin on the branch often.

That sounds normal to me. Some like to bask more than others. I have 2 panthers at the same basking temp, one is always under the light and the other is rarely under it. They all have their own preference. Resting their body on the branch is normal as well.

A second question I have is regarding MBD, I do not want to start another thread but his joints bend in one location much like an elbow or knee except they do not have points, I have tried to study images of chams with MBD and i notice a longer flat joint, his joints seem to be flat but almost like a knee without a pointed cap. Is that normal? I follow a pretty strict supplement diet but he is also my first cham

Back
Top Bottom