Question and landmark in feeding.

CottonChameleon

I have a barely 5 month old panther cham, ambanja. And he has always been a little wary of me when I open the cage but today I got some super worms and picked one up with some tweezers and he ate them right out of it. I didn't want to try my hand because super worms are gross i'm gonna try hand feeding with silkies they I have no problem with. But it this progress that he will eat supers out of tweezers? Should I try hand feeding tomorrow? Hopefully one day he will chill with me out of the cage?

It is progress, and worms are usually the way to a chams heart XD I don't see why you shouldn't try hand feeding, just don't force it on him, if he doesn't seem interested after the first minute don't push it too long. This however does not mean he will relax with you outside of the cage. He might never be comfortable enough to do that. But he also might be. It all depends on the cham. My cham has always been super social but there are those times when I know if I bug him he's gonna puff and hiss at me. Some chams are never even comfortable with hand feeding anything, let alone being held so you definitely have taken a large step forward. Keep at it and take it as slow as he asks you to. Because it's hard to go forward once you have taken steps back.

ya I fed more today. Lol the superworms little nibblers and feet creep me out lol I like silkies because they are all hyped up. and I fed him more today with tweezers and tried a method I saw online of holding a stick by the open cage door for him so he walks on the branch to you. I didn't have a place to sit so I was slightly shaky so I hope I didn't spook him.

Back
Top Bottom