Question about veiled chameleon receptive colors and stuff

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m wondering if it normal that my Veild girl hasn’t gone into her receptive faze yet, even though I’ve had her for over 6 months and that she is estimated to be just over a year of age. Could it be maybe due to her background with being a classroom pet and being a bit stunted with growth?

Here a photo of her, sometimes she darkens like this but is not for long and a haven’t seen any colors like ones female get when receptive, sometimes a small amount of teal but only when she’s sleeping.
87ABFD2E-CF23-45D2-ACE1-1B974BD859D7.jpeg

751AE7B1-D543-4E97-BF45-51B55EFE2ACE.jpeg

She’s a little cutie! I love the girls! ❤️ I’ve had girls older than a year before going receptive, one 14 months old and then I’ve had a receptive girl at 4 months old. Her being smaller probably has something to do with it. If you don’t plan to breed her, keep her small and try to keep her from ever laying eggs.

How often do you feed her in a week and how many insects do you feed her each time? What insects. What supplements do you use (be specific...with or without D3, calcium, phos, prEformed or prOformed vitamin A?) and how often and how heavily for each? What's the basking temperature?

Overfeeding veiled females and keeping them too warm can lead to big clutches and reproductive issues and premature death.

How often do you feed her in a week and how many insects do you feed her each time? What insects. What supplements do you use (be specific...with or without D3, calcium, phos, prEformed or prOformed vitamin A?) and how often and how heavily for each? What's the basking temperature?

Overfeeding veiled females and keeping them too warm can lead to big clutches and reproductive issues and premature death.
She is fed 3 times a week with 3 bugs (usually 2 Dubai roaches and a hornworm), she also has treat bugs every once and awhile (waxworks). ReptiCalcium without d3 dusting and 2 times a month repetitive with d3 instead. Basking is usually around 77-80, sometime it drops due to temps.
Nachito also sometime takes bites of her plants

She is fed 3 times a week with 3 bugs (usually 2 Dubai roaches and a hornworm), she also has treat bugs every once and awhile (waxworks). ReptiCalcium without d3 dusting and 2 times a month repetitive with d3 instead. Basking is usually around 77-80, sometime it drops due to temps.
Nachito also sometime takes bites of her plants
That's good and low enough that it doesn't surprise me that she's not showing big girl colors yet.

Nachito is a beautiful and healthy young lady. While she may not have all the pretty colorings of sexual maturity, she won’t have the decreased life span that comes from laying eggs. You have grown into a wonderful keeper for her and she’s blossomed from your tlc.

Back
Top Bottom