Question about spots on Jasper's head and snout

jcarlsen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther Chameleon, 4.5 months or so.
Handling - Only tried a couple of times with no luck. Recently he took a fall once he got onto my hand, fell into half cut open milk carton with soft papers in it. No injuries noted since then. Legs fine and no visible injuries or variations in his movements. Have not attempted handling since, only offering food by hand and placing a live plant in front of cage for him to climb out on his own.
Feeding - Feeding daily 10-15 crickets with gut load based on caresheet on here. Mixed greens and veggies with some bee pollen.
Supplements - Using rep-cal without D3 daily, Repcal w D3 and Herptivite once a week.
Watering - Misting via makeshift random every 3 hrs for 45 seconds.
Fecal Description - Droppings look pretty healthy compared to images in poop 101 thread. Today the urate looked a little orange compared to other days.
History - Breeder: site sponsor Sunshine Chams.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Small reptibreeze 20x20x18 (came in screameleons setup kit)
Lighting - Uvb 5.0 Reptisun and 60 w day blue basking bulb
Temperature - Basking 85, Lower end around 75, measured by digital therms. Lowest it will get at night is around 70.
Humidity - Humidity around 60-70%. Measured by analogue hygrometer. Automatic Mister set to go off every 3 hrs, for 45 seconds (makeshift rain dome).
Plants - No live plants yet.
Placement - Cage is located in bedroom which is low traffic during the day and dark as dark gets at night. Cage is roughly 4 feet off the floor (the top).
Location - Boston, MA

Current Problem - Just curious about these white spots on Jasper's head and snout as seen in the images below. He didn't seem to have these when he fell last week, and I'm not sure if they could be something else or maybe they're just a sign of a shed incoming? Let me know what you guys think... Thanks!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 205
Yea, I don't see anything really concerning either. In the first picture though it makes me wonder if he is rubbing his nose/head in the screen? If so it may be time for a cage upgrade. He is probably going to hit a growth spurt soon anyway. Good luck!

Yea, I don't see anything really concerning either. In the first picture though it makes me wonder if he is rubbing his nose/head in the screen? If so it may be time for a cage upgrade. He is probably going to hit a growth spurt soon anyway. Good luck!

That's what I'd thought. He's in a juvenile cage now, but I'm going to be getting a 2x2x4 dragon strand in the next few weeks for the adult enclosure. He just turned 5 months recently, so he'll be growing quick!

The one near his nostril looks like some missed shed or something like that. The other one looks like an old injury. It looks smooth with no scales on it. Your picture is blurry, but that was my first impression when I saw it. If that's what it is, it looks clean and healed.

Back
Top Bottom