Question about selling

DABRUTE

Ok I got my cham for 300 bucks. He is about 11 months now..but i'm about to sell him. I thought I had the time and I don't!! I posted recent pics...but my question is...Does the value go up or down when it comes to age? Because Blue bars I see now are going for under 300 bucks. Thanks

Most lizards increase in value through young adult hood generally.

But often over time, the market price drops as more and more are produced and they become more readily available.

Most lizards increase in value through young adult hood generally.

But often over time, the market price drops as more and more are produced and they become more readily available.

so how much should i sell him for? lol i don't want to go to high or low.

You can sell him for whatever you choose. Price is only determined by the buyer and seller. You can try to get what you paid for him but the market is pretty flooded with panther chameleons these days.

Coloration and pattern also play a huge roll. What looks like a $300 cham might only look like a $150 cham to someone else. So it also depends on what your buyer is looking for in terms of the way they want their chameleon to look. You can always start high and then lower if you don't have any interest. No harm in that.

~Ben

Price increases as they become adults and their adult coloration is established. When they're babies and juveniles, they're cheaper because you aren't sure of their color. You can predict it, but it's not a guarantee, so it's essentially a gamble.

This, however, is a double-edged sword. What if he's an adult with adult colorations that just isn't all that pretty? You'll have to lower the price. There's no more, "his colors will improve with age," concept. On the other hand, if he grows up to be gorgeous, you can boot the price up.

Can you post a picture of him directly in this thread?

Back
Top Bottom