Question about plants

OreoPapii

Is this plant okay? I’ve done some research and I’m seeing people say it’s okay then other people say it’s toxic so I really don’t know who I’m supposed to be listening to

Attachments

• 3800F238-BC8A-41E4-A190-7C84ABA1F158.jpeg
    3800F238-BC8A-41E4-A190-7C84ABA1F158.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 63
The umbrella plant is safe though most say it is hard to keep in such an enviroment also can i see a picture of your encosure and chameleon?

No as a plant eating chameleon imo I would not use that plant ( and as schefflera arboricola has been taken of a plant safe list in the uk and there are lots of veiled tested plants why take the risk) well established golden pothos and wandering jew are great hardy plants and veiled tested

The umbrella plant is safe though most say it is hard to keep in such an enviroment also can i see a picture of your encosure and chameleon?
Yeah I have some stuff in his cage not a whole lot but I’m really trying to get everything better for him and I am looking into a light as we speak I just haven’t had the money for a better UVB but I am looking into it
image.jpg

@OreoPapii your double dome fixture needs changing ASAP those compact coil lights are not recommended for chams as they do not provide adequate uvb you need along linear tube like either a reptisun 5% or an arcadia 6% . Since joining have you filled out a husbandry form. As there is some aspects that need changing.

View attachment 308260
Here’s my cranky boy he hates my phone so I don’t take pics of him often
Super pretty boy you have. Chameleon academy has a pretty good list on plants you can keep. I also keep dracaena marignata with my veiled and he loves it. Just make sure to get a nice bushy one. Money trees are great too along with golden pothos.

Do you hand mist? If so how long and his request throughout the day? I noticed you didn’t have an automatic mister. No problem with it, they’re just super convenient.

@OreoPapii your double dome fixture needs changing ASAP those compact coil lights are not recommended for chams as they do not provide adequate uvb you need along linear tube like either a reptisun 5% or an arcadia 6% . Since joining have you filled out a husbandry form. As there is some aspects that need changing.
Yeah that’s what I just said in a recent reply I’m looking into lights to get like I said I’ve been trying but I haven’t had the money lately covid has been making things hard with me and my family we have just been able to buy plants now I planned on getting everything a while before but covid pretty much paused everything with my mom losing her job so I just hadn’t had the money but I’m working on getting him a better light if you have any recommendations please let me know good brands or what you may use

Super pretty boy you have. Chameleon academy has a pretty good list on plants you can keep. I also keep dracaena marignata with my veiled and he loves it. Just make sure to get a nice bushy one. Money trees are great too along with golden pothos.

Do you hand mist? If so how long and his request throughout the day? I noticed you didn’t have an automatic mister. No problem with it, they’re just super convenient.
I hand mist him twice a day one in time in the morning and once more in the afternoon so his cage isn’t wet when he goes to bed and I normally miss him at MINIMUM 5 minutes I normally make sure there’s water all over for him to drink he likes licking it off the walls of his cage so I normally make sure the sides are wet for him also.

Just saying... I have 48" quad fixture for sale in western pa lol. Collecting dust in my basement.
How exactly do I set one of those up because I know I need one of the long uvb things but I’m not sure how I set them up. Don’t I need a little holder thing to hold the light and how do I put it on my chameleons cage?

Back
Top Bottom