Question about mouth

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! I have noticed a change in carlys mouth area. I'm concerned! Hope it isn't mouth rot or something not good. Let me know what y'all think. 💖

@MissSkittles @kinyonga @Beman
Screenshot_20210307-185935.png

Last edited:
IMG_20210307_190249272.jpg

Just took this photo! Looks like one of her teeth are poking out! 🥺

Last edited:
Can you get a look in his mouth. When you feed him try to see if the wound is spreading in his mouth inside. It doesnt look like a mouth rot to me. More like she had a fight with really strong superworm.

Can you get a look in his mouth. When you feed him try to see if the wound is spreading in his mouth inside. It doesnt look like a mouth rot to me. More like she had a fight with really strong superworm.
The only way for me to do that is to feed her again. The next day I feed her is tomorrow, but I can try a roach today. She does get fed superworms so that could be possible.

So I just fed her a roach...... and it's really hard because they chew so fast and at the angle I really couldn't see and that side of the mouth very well. but I don't think I saw anything that looked like majorly red or inflamed. but, I'm going to monitor this and I'll let you guys know if I notice that it is getting worse. If it's becomes bad, red or inflamed than I might take her to the vet.

So I just fed her a roach...... and it's really hard because they chew so fast and at the angle I really couldn't see and that side of the mouth very well. but I don't think I saw anything that looked like majorly red or inflamed. but, I'm going to monitor this and I'll let you guys know if I notice that it is getting worse. If it's becomes bad, red or inflamed than I might take her to the vet.
Does she gape and hiss at you if you try to reach for her? If so, have your camera ready to take a pic.

Sorry hun I totally did not get the notification that I was tagged in this thread...

Looks like an injury to the scale there on the top jaw. That is not a tooth. Her little teeth are farther in the mouth.

Make her mad to get her to gape at you. You need to try to get a picture of what is happening inside on the top

Sorry hun I totally did not get the notification that I was tagged in this thread...

Looks like an injury to the scale there on the top jaw. That is not a tooth. Her little teeth are farther in the mouth.

Make her mad to get her to gape at you. You need to try to get a picture of what is happening inside on the top
Okay 👍🏻

Hello! This morning I got some videos! I hope they help. She was chewing on her bad side.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1P8D2Kv5x9n7atCR8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/okbUPTW4k6j8bViL6
The bottom jaw looks good. Next time try to angle the video up into her mouth so that your getting that top jaw where she has the issue on the outside. And does your phone have the slow setting for videos? That would help lol. I watched the first video multiple times but can not tell if I am thinking I am seeing swelling on that top side or if I actually am lol.

Last edited:
The bottom jaw looks good. Next time try to angle the video up into her mouth so that your getting that top jaw where she has the issue on the outside. And does your phone have the slow setting for videos? That would help lol. I watched the first video multiple times but can not tell if I am thinking I am seeing swelling on that top side or if I actually am lol.
I do have that setting! I can try and feed her one more roach this afternoon. And she opens her mouth while she drinks so I can try and catch something.

Back
Top Bottom