Question about foggers

Or you could do it the way I mentioned originally, again I used the hose that came with the fogger, nothing special.
50D7B9CB-F54A-4A60-9716-52B4531D8590.jpeg

The only thing I don't like about that fogger is the corrugated tubing. You will have to keep an eye on it for mold or algae growth in the ridges. Use distilled water to prevent mineral build up that will increase the chance of mold growth.
I figured out what you mean about the tubing. I did a test run yesterday morning and the tubing never drys out because of the ridges. I will be replacing mine thank you for adding this info. :)

Actually I don’t. I threw that hose out a couple of days ago when I installed that fogger on my new viv. You can get the same effect two ways. Take the hose that came with your fogger and attach it to a piece of 1/2 pvc, should slide right on, cut the pvc to match the with of your viv and cap the other end. Then drill SMALL holes in a straight line down the length of the PVC and your done. That’s how I set up my new one, its a complete circuit around the top of the viv. You can see the jets of fog in this pic:View attachment 221225
Ok this is really cool as well. Thank you for the pics. Looks like you are using 1inch pvc pipe correct? Did you seal your pipes together or leave them so they can be taken apart again?

What kind of foggers is everyone using? Mine really struggles to push the fog up-hill. All my equipment has to be hidden and the only way I can pull that off is if the fogger sits on the floor behind everything but that means it must push the fog about 7’ straight up a 1/2” PVC pipe. Anyone have a fogger that can do that?

What kind of foggers is everyone using? Mine really struggles to push the fog up-hill. All my equipment has to be hidden and the only way I can pull that off is if the fogger sits on the floor behind everything but that means it must push the fog about 7’ straight up a 1/2” PVC pipe. Anyone have a fogger that can do that?
I was thinking about this... I had a kink in my line due to the hose going in like a U shape where the hose actually backed up with water so there was no way for the fog to go through. Could you have this situation going on? Or maybe through the pvc if your holes are drilled on the side of the tube rather then the bottom the water would build up not allowing for drain off of condensation. Therefore causing the fog to be blocked by water... May not be the situation at all but I thought I would throw it out there :)

I was thinking about this... I had a kink in my line due to the hose going in like a U shape where the hose actually backed up with water so there was no way for the fog to go through. Could you have this situation going on? Or maybe through the pvc if your holes are drilled on the side of the tube rather then the bottom the water would build up not allowing for drain off of condensation. Therefore causing the fog to be blocked by water... May not be the situation at all but I thought I would throw it out there :)
There are no belly’s in my lines and I have holes drilled on the bottom and sides of my pipes to prevent this.

Here is how I ended up fixing mine up. Using the tubing that came with it I hooked it up to 1/2" PVC ( thanks Brodybreaux25 ) drilled a bunch of holes in the pipe and secured it with zip ties. As for the water stagnating in the tubing since it came with two and comes off the fittings easily I'm just going to swap them out and sterilize weekly when I clean the humidifier.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 187
So I am sorry, I am not seeing it. How do I install a tubing into the cage then? Not with the PVC, but is the only way to get the fogger in to cut a whole in the screen and from what side top or bottom? To be clear, so I ordered a fogger with the ridged tubing. Where do I put the end into the cage? what location and how is that done exactly? Is there no way around of cutting a hole in it?

Hopefully these pics will help. Yes I cut a hole in the top for the T piece to go through it was small hole no gaps but I taped it with Gorilla tape. Not the prettiest but it works.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 141
@Ceceblue82 Thank you for posting that. I just spent the last hour at the hardware store with three guys trying to help me get hose that would work to replace the hose that came with it. It was a goldilocks episode without the this one is just right ending. So I left extremely frustrated :( I will make another trip tomorrow with the hose and get stuff to do this instead. What disinfectant are you using to clean the hose out each week?

@Ceceblue82 Thank you for posting that. I just spent the last hour at the hardware store with three guys trying to help me get hose that would work to replace the hose that came with it. It was a goldilocks episode without the this one is just right ending. So I left extremely frustrated :( I will make another trip tomorrow with the hose and get stuff to do this instead. What disinfectant are you using to clean the hose out each week?
Don't know yet, maybe a light bleach solution or one made specifically for humidifiers.
Will do some research, has to be something that rinses absolutely clean.

Back
Top Bottom