Question about foggers

Ceceblue82

Wanting to set up the best possible habitat for my cham I have been listening to a lot of Bill Strands podcasts. No. 89 is about Naturalistic Hydration using a fogger during the night to replicate the fog bank that rolls in during the night. So I have decided to add a fogger - first of all is this a good one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=83A59B14CRQ39N72JA4M ?
My second question is, do I need to cut a hole in the screen to feed the hose through or will it fog through the screen?

I had a fogger at one point and I didn't cut a hole but over an hour the water began to accumulate on the screen and I didn't want to cut a hole in the screen so I just took it out alltogether

Here are a couple photos of my fogger set up. Find a cool mist humidifier that you can modify easily with PVC pipe. Run the piping over the top of the enclosure and drill holes. You will need fairly large holes so the condensation doesn't block them.

Attachments

• 194801-68958a7a0c0fae714752968e71164026.jpg
    194801-68958a7a0c0fae714752968e71164026.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 194800-f493e1c957fbdcd37a576a7271f67f25.jpg
    194800-f493e1c957fbdcd37a576a7271f67f25.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 231
  • 194799-76e4adef3f360e0fee902ea9e4fd1366.jpg
    194799-76e4adef3f360e0fee902ea9e4fd1366.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 264
I like the multiple fog points. When you say drill big holes are you talking in the screen or pipe? Sorry if that seems like a silly question.

I’ve got both ways. One goes on top of the screen and the fog falls through it, works great and as mentioned earlier it forms drops of water to condense on the screen. Think of it as an extra opportunity for your Cham to drink. I also capped the end of the hose and split one side open about 18” long, this creates a curtain of fog instead of a single point.

Wanting to set up the best possible habitat for my cham I have been listening to a lot of Bill Strands podcasts. No. 89 is about Naturalistic Hydration using a fogger during the night to replicate the fog bank that rolls in during the night. So I have decided to add a fogger - first of all is this a good one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=83A59B14CRQ39N72JA4M ?
My second question is, do I need to cut a hole in the screen to feed the hose through or will it fog through the screen?
I listened to that one as well. Let me know what you come up with. I am looking at doing the same thing. In particular to mimic the fog at night for him.

I’ve got both ways. One goes on top of the screen and the fog falls through it, works great and as mentioned earlier it forms drops of water to condense on the screen. Think of it as an extra opportunity for your Cham to drink. I also capped the end of the hose and split one side open about 18” long, this creates a curtain of fog instead of a single point.
So do you have the fogger I posted, it's the only one I saw with double tubes or did you DIY? Pics would be great.:)
/

@Ceceblue82 I like the one you found since you can split it. It would be good in case you want to run to a send enclosure. I also like the fact that the tubes on that one extend to 5 ft. Did you find actual dimensions for it? I want to fit it into my cabinet under my enclosure.

The only thing I don't like about that fogger is the corrugated tubing. You will have to keep an eye on it for mold or algae growth in the ridges. Use distilled water to prevent mineral build up that will increase the chance of mold growth.

The only thing I don't like about that fogger is the corrugated tubing. You will have to keep an eye on it for mold or algae growth in the ridges. Use distilled water to prevent mineral build up that will increase the chance of mold growth.
If using RO water would the corrugated tubing still be bad? All I am finding are the ones that have corrugated tubing. What would you recommend instead to use for the tube?

If you like the price of the fogger get it and when/if the tubing goes bad replace it with PVC pipe or ask @Decadancin what he used for his fogger set up. Any ultrasonic cool mist humidifier will work. You don't have to buy a "reptile" fogger. The non reptile products are usually cheaper and often better.

I have a RO for all my water.

Thanks for the link, lots of interesting info. Love your set-up

@Ceceblue82 I like the one you found since you can split it. It would be good in case you want to run to a send enclosure. I also like the fact that the tubes on that one extend to 5 ft. Did you find actual dimensions for it? I want to fit it into my cabinet under my enclosure.
I can't find the measurements either other than it holds 2.2 liters but height isn't an issue for me.

Do you have a pic of what the curtain of fog looks like? Maybe what type of tube you used for it. This sounds like a really cool option to distribute it across one side of the enclosure.

Do you have a pic of what the curtain of fog looks like? Maybe what type of tube you used for it. This sounds like a really cool option to distribute it across one side of the enclosure.
Actually I don’t. I threw that hose out a couple of days ago when I installed that fogger on my new viv. You can get the same effect two ways. Take the hose that came with your fogger and attach it to a piece of 1/2 pvc, should slide right on, cut the pvc to match the with of your viv and cap the other end. Then drill SMALL holes in a straight line down the length of the PVC and your done. That’s how I set up my new one, its a complete circuit around the top of the viv. You can see the jets of fog in this pic:
9B941AA4-7F8E-445B-AF27-087025C779E9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom