Quesetions!

Ya you never know though... your Cham might get bored with the crickets too and want a different insect. Its nowheres easy to be able to read your Chameleons mind but make sure you can be ready for anything!

I have a bug supply guy that comes once a week so im pretty ready for insect change :) what would u say the best worm to feed her is right now ? i think next wednesday when he comes by im gonna try again with the worms and see if that works.

i think the two healthiest worms would prob be butterworms or silkworms

since mine isnt to thrilled with worms either i have some butters because you can just stick um in the fridge .. makes them convenient to take one or two out and try.

and they brighter color, might entice him .. never know ..

i think the two healthiest worms would prob be butterworms or silkworms

since mine isnt to thrilled with worms either i have some butters because you can just stick um in the fridge .. makes them convenient to take one or two out and try.

and they brighter color, might entice him .. never know ..

thanks ill try those :) iv tried silkworms but that didnt take and meal worms and ,,,,, im not sure if hubby tried butterworms, but anything is worth a try :)

Silkworms are the healthiest but the hardest to keep alive... I accidently fried mine a couple days ago... or the chow that thhey eat caused them to die because they are EXTREMELY easy to die from any bacteria... They only eat Mullberry leaves or mullberry chow. luckily I have a mulbbery tree down the road.... My Chams love hornworms... and hornworms are SUPER easy to care for. I purchased mine from mulberry farms and they send them in a chow cup. the chow is a mullberry leaf mixture. I took mine off the chow cause the chow molds fast and has lots of bacteria in a short amount of time. so only mullberry leaves for my hornworms too =p. You can feed your guys superworms too. Those guys have more nutrients than the mealworms. Just hard exoskeleton can cause them to have trouble digesting at times.

I have yet to try butterworms... so if you try those let me know how it goes! I am currently waiting for a praying mantis egg case to hatch =] I will then have praying mantis as a feeder. =]

I have yet to try butterworms... so if you try those let me know how it goes! I am currently waiting for a praying mantis egg case to hatch =] I will then have praying mantis as a feeder. =]

ill definetly let you know if you let me know how mantis's work out for u :p i dont think we have hornworms around here avaible. but ill look into it :)

do you think it would be beneficial to take it outside the chameleon that is ? i was reading somewhere about natural sunlight being good for them ?

Yep its always good to have natural sunlight! Just make sure you dont leave them outside if its too hot and keep an eye on them. Make sure you supply plenty of water for it while outside. It doesnt take long for a Cham to get dehydrated in hot conditions. If you had a cage outside you could set up a little dripper system but if not just bring a mister bottle and keep him her misted and well hydrated =].

hornworms grow like monsters though, wont be long before they are to big to feed off.
Though again the color seems to make them ... enticing i guess .. gross to me lol, fat fleshy beasts :eek: good for hydration.

Yep its always good to have natural sunlight! Just make sure you dont leave them outside if its too hot and keep an eye on them. Make sure you supply plenty of water for it while outside. It doesnt take long for a Cham to get dehydrated in hot conditions. If you had a cage outside you could set up a little dripper system but if not just bring a mister bottle and keep him her misted and well hydrated =].

i think i might try that sorry about all the questions i saw someone outside with one today and it made me curious ,
should i put it on a leash like i did with my beardie ? as my beardie was super fast.
Also any ideas how to make it less agressive. I would like to i guesse in a sense bond with my chameleon not neccairly have it out all the time but adleast be able to have my hand in the terrium n not have it bit.

lol yep which is why my hornworms are pupating now ^^ XD I will then have moths to feed =p lol I know I love their colors but I am deathly afraid to have them attach to me XD I normally grab them by their horn and move them as fast as possible to the cage XD

I would def not put it on a leash xD you could cause some serious stress issues.... your Chams fast but trust me... nowheres near that fast... as long as you keep a plant for it to be on your fine but you cant take your eyes off him or he could venture off and ud loose him. well....its hard to say I could tell you what to do to make it less aggressive since Chameleons are not to be mistaken for friendly animals. Yes you do get some that arre extremely friendly but you will have some that are just naturally B*****S.... You can get them to trust you more.... I would start off by handling them less and hand feeding them more... let it know that you wont hurt it and only want to feed it. then eventually it will start coming to you more. It will connect food...with you... Eventually you might be able to get them to come unto your arm without you having to pick it up. This will take a long time. You have to have ltos and lots of patience. you dont EVER want to force it. By doing that you would reverse all your work and make it afraid.

i think i might try that sorry about all the questions i saw someone outside with one today and it made me curious ,
should i put it on a leash like i did with my beardie ? as my beardie was super fast.
Also any ideas how to make it less aggressive. I would like to i guesse in a sense bond with my chameleon not necessarily have it out all the time but adleast be able to have my hand in the terrium n not have it bit.

yeah natural sunlight is VERY good for them, the artificial lighting just dosent seem pack the same punch. I read ppl saying a good day of natural sunlight will cure things and greatly improve health. I dont think he would like a leash .. though i have seen it .. just put him on a tree i have a big fake ficus that is my shower, outside tree, and stick it outside .. or just stick him on a tree thats not to big for him to run up and escape. then just sit out there on a lawn char and make sure he dosent get eaten lol.
he may have just gotten more territorial about his "home" and not like you poking around in there try putting like a potted tree next to the cage so he can climb out on his own. Then maybe he will be less pissy, if not you can just carry the whole tree outside :p

I would def not put it on a leash xD you could cause some serious stress issues.... your Chams fast but trust me... nowheres near that fast... as long as you keep a plant for it to be on your fine but you cant take your eyes off him or he could venture off and ud loose him. well....its hard to say I could tell you what to do to make it less aggressive since Chameleons are not to be mistaken for friendly animals. Yes you do get some that arre extremely friendly but you will have some that are just naturally B*****S.... You can get them to trust you more.... I would start off by handling them less and hand feeding them more... let it know that you wont hurt it and only want to feed it. then eventually it will start coming to you more. It will connect food...with you... Eventually you might be able to get them to come unto your arm without you having to pick it up. This will take a long time. You have to have ltos and lots of patience. you dont EVER want to force it. By doing that you would reverse all your work and make it afraid.

I don't really handle her as it is now other then when i change her terrium, as i didnt want to stress her out :) but im gonna try the hand feeding thing again thanks for the info.

Forget the leash idea. She'll really fight that and make trusting you even harder! Anything that wraps over the top of their bodies (even a hand) is perceived as a threat.

Give her a routine to get comfortable with, offer her food by hand, don't force her into things, make sure she isn't being constantly stressed by something in the room outside her territory too. Over time she may calm down with age...but there simply isn't any guarrantee. As her health improves with better care she may mellow out more too.

Forget the leash idea. She'll really fight that and make trusting you even harder! Anything that wraps over the top of their bodies (even a hand) is perceived as a threat.

Give her a routine to get comfortable with, offer her food by hand, don't force her into things, make sure she isn't being constantly stressed by something in the room outside her territory too. Over time she may calm down with age...but there simply isn't any guarrantee. As her health improves with better care she may mellow out more too.

iv had her since april as i dont really know her age as the guy who sold me her said she was a year and a half ,although i dont fully trust him as he wasnt properly caring for her. theres nothing in the room that can stress her out as its the quitest room in the house (my bedroom) . I think her chances of calming down are pretty slim at this point. I think it maybe a hormonal thing, but i guesse time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom