Quesetions!

stuck a butterworm in his mouth the other day when he was trying to bite me .. he ate it ... hopefully he dosent think he got a piece of me an likes the way i taste o_O

ujsually when they are stressed or frightened theyll get darker colors... My male looses any green whatso ever when he feels Im going to take him out XD. My female on the other hand pretty much stays .... green. Everynow and then shell show some blues when I am feeding her.... usually blues on female are receptive colors... when they are ready to breed. I dont think she is though she only turns that when shes super happy and I have food XD

I would just wait until he..she is at a more calmned state and you are able toget it out of the cage then look for the nudges on the back of the foot. I think judging by that second picture of it in the other ownders enclosure it looks like a female. Thats my guess. Only way youll know for sure is the nudges.

:eek:
ujsually when they are stressed or frightened theyll get darker colors... My male looses any green whatso ever when he feels Im going to take him out XD. My female on the other hand pretty much stays .... green. Everynow and then shell show some blues when I am feeding her.... usually blues on female are receptive colors... when they are ready to breed. I dont think she is though she only turns that when shes super happy and I have food XD

iv never seen it blue...... iv seen her green brown and yellow......:eek:

lol @ drew..... you have to watch this video of me and my Cham XD XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD40ljFZjSs

Aj you cant really go off of colors to sex them. That was my male when I first got him... he was SUPER stressed all the time because the lady kept them in the same cage since they were little.

lol i wish mine loved me that much :(

makes me wonder what kinda creatures 10x his size he'd try to eat if her were in the wild rofl

@ drew lol no clue! I did eventually get him to stop doing that .... I was afraid of me hurting him by him grabbing me with his tounge...so I had stopped hand feeding him for a couple days and he was fine then i started hand feeding him again and havnt had the problem since.

My Male absolutely LOVED strawberries....not so keen on kiwi... You could try strawberries kiwi bannanas... mango... pretyt much anything youd feed an iguana.

but fruits are only good for snacks.... Not an every day feeder. for an everyday feeder if there is no possible way you can get them to eat bugs it would have to be dark leafy calcium filled greens.

the only thing it will eat is crickets it wont eat other bugs and it wont eat veggies as i said before .:(

Ya I know... Just making sure you know that frutis cant be a staple =[[ Not the healthiest thing to feed her him just crickets but just try to make sure they are gutloaded good. Your crickets will eat just about anything.... if you cant get your chams to eat the veggies give it to your crickets. That way they will get the nutrition from the crickets. I gutload with veggies and fruits and I also give my Crickets this stuff I bought from Tiki Tiki called Cricket Crack =] Its a dry gutload

many if not most wont go for fruit and veg from what iv read so your lucky if you get him/her to go for it. i dont know about fruit and veg as a main part of theyre diet though. Thought it was mostly just something they do for moisture.
dandelion greens are a good leafy green to try...

As long as you gutload well, crickets are probably fine. Yes, in the wonderful "ideal world" your chameleon would get a wide variety of insects, but the very purpose of good gutloading is to compensate for the lack of variety. If you animal is eating well (and you are properly gutloading) and the poop looks good, I don't think this is a primary concern. Cricket Crack is pretty much the board standard for a good gutload.

Ya its not a good thing for main part of diet... Especially not fruit... its like same concepts with worms.... their too fatty and lack the calcium and nutrients they need. Though chameleons are insect eaters its best to stay with insects... but adding veggies and fruit gives a better variety. It is great for moisture ^^ I tried to feed mine some Bok choy cause theres LOTS of calcium in that but...its a no go for me....I was able to get Mr.Chameleon to eat a leaf of it though when I ptu a hornworm on it and the hornworm wouldnt let go XD Ya Mr.Cham loves strawberries . <3

i wouldnt feed it to it everyday just as a nice snack ones and awhile . :) i think crickets would get boring after awhile but thats just me.

Ya you never know though... your Cham might get bored with the crickets too and want a different insect. Its nowheres easy to be able to read your Chameleons mind but make sure you can be ready for anything!

Back
Top Bottom