QUAD Gender?

Dragon1516

Avid Member
Male or female? 3 and a half months old.
17884254_1474275499278748_3556480617321360793_n.jpg

Yes me either and the horns are short for the age aren't they?

Not really. It depends on a lot of factors. I have seen them that age as male and have zero signs showing that they were male.

But, the only people I know that breed quads are Tylene, Janet and Kevin. I don't remember Janet having any this age, so I doubt it is hers. Kevin doesn't have any so it has to be Tylene. If she sent it out as a male, it is a male. I doubt she made a mistake in that. From that pic, I just can't say 100% for sure.

But, like I said, I trust Tylene and her judgement... if I am right on the breeder that is.

Not really. It depends on a lot of factors. I have seen them that age as male and have zero signs showing that they were male.

But, the only people I know that breed quads are Tylene, Janet and Kevin. I don't remember Janet having any this age, so I doubt it is hers. Kevin doesn't have any so it has to be Tylene. If she sent it out as a male, it is a male. I doubt she made a mistake in that. From that pic, I just can't say 100% for sure.

But, like I said, I trust Tylene and her judgement... if I am right on the breeder that is.
Honestly i have no idea where this chameleon was bought or where it came from was just helping someone out in a FB group.

Thats' the same picture posted yesterday on these forums by tattersb. Came from @ponders (Tylene) I believe. The best way to sex quads is usually by checking the scalloping on the back and sail on the tail relative to clutch mates. I think Tylene is very good at this. But if she made a mistake I'm sure she would correct it.
Maybe @Tattersb should ask Tylene if there are questions.

Thats' the same picture posted yesterday on these forums by tattersb. Came from @ponders (Tylene) I believe. The best way to sex quads is usually by checking the scalloping on the back and sail on the tail relative to clutch mates. I think Tylene is very good at this. But if she made a mistake I'm sure she would correct it.
It was me that was questioning it I had no idea where it came from and just wanted to make sure it wasn't a female so there where issues with egg laying down the road

I did, just haven't heard back yet.

Sorry, we've been on the road all day.
He is definitely a male. No doubt at all! And a cute little boy at that!
Yes, he is, definitely love at first sight! He settled straight into his new condo, drank some water, and began hunting crickets. I watched him eat two just to be sure he was good from his trip.

I did, just haven't heard back yet.

@ponders Tylene is the BEST at sexing quad babies. She's helped me on quite a few of mine. I end up second guessing myself a million times especially when the quads start to grow a sail fin. I've found I should just stick to my first impression.

Some are very obvious. The males have little horns, scalloped backs and sail fins and the females have smooth backs and skinny round tails. However, there are a few that aren't so obvious especially once they start developing any kind of a sail fin. Any sail fin development on a female distorts (for me, anyway) the base of the tail Some of the males have less horn development and almost no sail fins. They will always have a scalloped back. However, some females have scalloped backs and little sail fins, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom