Q's about hatching crickits?????

Treetop Chameleons

Established Member
OK so i have been able to get them to hatch i have even gotten them to grow to full size but the problem i have run int is that the large bucket that i was keeping the hatchlings in. when they first hatched i would say there was a few hundred or so then day by day it seemed that they where slowly disappearing till they where all gone. i did not think that it was passable for them to clime all the way to the top and crawl out of the tinny holes that i had on the lid, but i know that is what happened. any suggestions on how to keep them in the bucket? if i can get that down i will be all good.

They may not have climbed out, some could have eaten others. First make sure there is plenty of food and water for them to have. Second, if they are climbing out you may want to try putting a thin layer of vaseline close to the top of the container, this can stop them from climbing out. There is a special paint that I have seen that creates a layer bugs can't crawl past, forgot the name, but you may be able to google search it. Or just get a cheap glass fish tank, that would probably be your best bet for keeping them inside.

Back
Top Bottom