pygmy cham's!

nasi8one

My first female pygmy passed away a few days ago. I had ordered a 1.1 pair a few days before her passing when she was still in good health. I received my order from LLL reptiles 15 minutes ago. Inside the box i found 2 plastic containers labeled male and female. It seems they got them sexed correctly but would just like to be sure. Also the female looked pretty round to me, so it would be great if someone with experience can tell me if she is. Thanks.

first picture is the female, second picture is male.

oh and should i be concerned with that dark line across the male?

Attachments

• download-2.jpg
    download-2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 149
  • download-6.jpg
    download-6.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 150
I can't tell from the photo if she is gravid or not, but there is a little trick to check it. A friend of mine wrote this article on chameleonnews.com: http://www.chameleonnews.com/06MayDeckers.html

Scroll down and you'll see a photo of a pygmy chameleon in front of a lamp. Be careful not to hold her too close to the lamp though.

Did you know your pair is Rh. temporalis?

That is a great article. very useful information on the light trick. its like candling the eggs. thank you. and yes, i had ordered brevs. but LLL called me back and told me they only had temporalis in stock. i will try the light trick today, hopefully i can see if there are eggs.

I dont know about the light trick, but temps are a very round pygmy anyways, so it can be hard to tell unless they are really gravid. You could also try to gently palpate her abdomen to feel for eggs.

I can't tell from the photo if she is gravid or not, but there is a little trick to check it. A friend of mine wrote this article on chameleonnews.com: http://www.chameleonnews.com/06MayDeckers.html

Scroll down and you'll see a photo of a pygmy chameleon in front of a lamp. Be careful not to hold her too close to the lamp though.

Did you know your pair is Rh. temporalis?

I second this being a great article. This had some great info.

Back
Top Bottom