Pygmy chameleon death

allicat1229

Well, I joined to get advice on my newly rescued veiled....and i just discovered my bearded pygmy was dead. Not a clue as to why. Only had her for a few months and she has been eating and drinking great.....she was supposedly 6 months when I got her. I am stunned and stumped...:confused:

Well, I joined to get advice on my newly rescued veiled....and i just discovered my bearded pygmy was dead. Not a clue as to why. Only had her for a few months and she has been eating and drinking great.....she was supposedly 6 months when I got her. I am stunned and stumped...:confused:

Im sorry about your pygmy. :(

What advice did you want on your veiled?

Well, I posted about the veiled in the health section. New rescue, emaciated, dehydrated, eyes shut. He's doing better and going for another vet check tomorrow am.

Where did the veiled come from?
If you've had it for a few days it could have brought some germs with it and passed them to your brev if you didn't quarantine it.

perhaps eggbound female pygmy? i lost my little girl shortly after i purchased her,she was gravid when i bought her(i had no idea) and she had all sorts of wonderful places to lay her eggs but once i discovered she was about to lay it was too late for me to remove her,she was trying to lay them when i discovered what was going on..i had a male in with her and this too i believe caused her demise..it was a learning experience for me and unfortunately was not good for her..i didnt give up though and i found this site just before she passed..too bad i didnt discover the forum sooner,i may have been able to change the outcome,who knows,i blame myself for lack of knowledge and the store in wich i purchased her from for not informing me she was gravid,i doubt they had any idea either:( i wish you all the best with your rescued veild:)

I did a quick necropsy last night, turns out it was a male, so no egg binding. All the organs looked fine. Temps were in the mid 70's during the day, cooler at night. Humidity was always around 70, which is optimal. Very strange.

Don't feel too bad about it, there is really nothing you can do. They are too small really to get much help from a Vet, and it could have been older than what you think it was. Sometimes they just keel over.

Back
Top Bottom