pygmy cams

harri

Hi guys
Ive been looking at pygmys for a while and just wondered whats people experience with them.
I mean tank size
feeding
breeding
can you handle them
etc
Thanks
Harri:confused:

Hi guys
Ive been looking at pygmys for a while and just wondered whats people experience with them.
I mean tank size
feeding
breeding
can you handle them
etc
Thanks
Harri:confused:

I just got some myself, but hers what in know so far.

Tank size depends on how many you are getting, I have a 1.2 trio in a 29g fish tank.

Feeding these guys eat small crickets. Like 1/4 inch at the biggest. And they can eat up to 5 a piece every other day.

In the almost week that i have had mine i have not handled them, i do plan on it to day because i think one of the females layed eggs and i need to look for them. I do plan on handling these guys more than my veilds tho. This way i can examine them for any problems (eye issues, mouth issues...) since they are so small the only way to get a good look at them is to take them out.

Check out these web sites, they have helped me alot.

http://www.chameleonnews.com/?page=article&id=63

http://www.chameleonnews.com/?page=article&id=46

http://www.chameleonnews.com/?page=article&id=50

RATS! by the title. I was hoping someone set up a webcam to watch Pygmies in their terrarium =(

Someone has some Wild caught Brevia Pygs at the all animal expo in Wheaton IL today. I so wanted to get a few. They are so cute. $57 for a male, 40 for a female.

They also had soem Panthers from kammerflage there. they had a really cute tiny female pink panther that I just adored.

RATS! by the title. I was hoping someone set up a webcam to watch Pygmies in their terrarium =(

Someone has some Wild caught Brevia Pygs at the all animal expo in Wheaton IL today. I so wanted to get a few. They are so cute. $57 for a male, 40 for a female.

They also had soem Panthers from kammerflage there. they had a really cute tiny female pink panther that I just adored.

Im actually thinking about setting up a web cam to monitor all my chams lol.

Wow-those were some expensive Pygs-they usually sell for $20! :eek:

Wow-those were some expensive Pygs-they usually sell for $20! :eek:

Thats what i thought, but factor in shipping and its not so bad...

1.2 shipped (not Florida) is $110.00

1.2 from that place is 137.00

It is a little more expensive but you dont have to wait!!

Or wait for the UPS man at the front gate of you apartment complex so he dosent drop off a box of live reptiles at the apartment managers desk, when your not allowed to keep reptiles...:rolleyes:

Like i have ever done that before...

I have a webcam on Norman, (technically not a real webcam but I can access it via the web)

20 bucks a piece isnt bad. but the shipping does kill.. though if (when) I do get Pygs, I would want CB, not WC. I dont wanna deal with the parasites if I can help it.

Back on track, Yes you can handle them, but is best not to if you can help it.

The man at the reptile show had about 15 of these lil guys on branches and vines in a 20 gallon tank. Mix of males and females, and they were not fighting each other at all. BUT.. I wouldnt want to house that many in one environment :p

Back
Top Bottom