Pygmies

Marty

MistKing
Site Sponsor
Got a couple of pygmys from Mike at FL Chams. Aren't they cute?

pic11.jpg

pic21.jpg

pic31.jpg

pic41.jpg

So adorable! Do you mind taking a picture of their enclosure too? It looks neat. I apologize if you already posted them in a different thread.

is there something wrong with the one in the last pics eye or is it just the camera or something? actually both eyes... i normally take black arms and white body to be a stressed color

probably a bit stressed because they were stuck for about 4 days in tupperware while we traveled, plus I've just handled him a bit to take the photo. Both are eating OK. Normally the legs aren't black.

Few more photos below. I also took a closer pic of the eye. Doesn't look too good. Not sure if its infected or just needs to be flushed out. Any suggestions on what I should do? I'm tempted to flush it with sterile saline solution.

also a pic of their new home

eye_problem.jpg

2flies.jpg

crack.jpg

vivarium.jpg

Nice setup and cute little guys.

Yea that eye looks pretty bad, I'd say he needs a vet, but trying to flush it with a nice long warm misting probably wouldn't be a bad idea in the meantime.

I dunno.. that eye looks pretty FUBAR... is it both eyes tho because that eye looks to be the one in the first few pics but in the last picture of ur first post that eye looks like it wont even open. I think a call to the vet is in order... Your other little one is a looker tho =) ... shall we say, female? and the one with the eye trouble is kinda hard to make out....

I like your setup too... what kind of plants are those in there? i have some of those growing outside... theyr kinda like a vine and i like to take them outside and climb on them and all that good stuff, but i really wanna get some into their enclosure.

I dunno.. that eye looks pretty FUBAR... is it both eyes tho because that eye looks to be the one in the first few pics but in the last picture of ur first post that eye looks like it wont even open. I think a call to the vet is in order... Your other little one is a looker tho =) ... shall we say, female? and the one with the eye trouble a male?? (kinda hard to tell from the pics).

I like your setup too... what kind of plants are those in there? i have some of those growing outside... theyr kinda like a vine and i like to take them outside and climb on them and all that good stuff, but i really wanna get some into their enclosure.

Just gave him a 15min shower. Both eyes seem to be oozing a bit, though they are so small that it's hard to see anything. He can open them no problems. Maybe just in the pic they're closed. I'll keep an eye on him (no pun intended :p )

glad you like the setup. Plants? bromeliads, creeping fig, some java moss, orchids. This is acually a setup for my dart frogs. I keep red vents there (D. ventrimaculatus)

eye_problem.jpg

2flies.jpg

Are the first two pics of the same one? if so then his right eye looks a bit more normal and hes just got it closed... i was just getting a little worried that in this picture his eye lid seemed like it might have been sealed shut from the start... or just somthing doesnt look right

pic41.jpg

O well if hes eating and drinking he should be fine minus the left eye

probably a bit stressed because they were stuck for about 4 days in tupperware while we traveled, plus I've just handled him a bit to take the photo. Both are eating OK. Normally the legs aren't black.

Few more photos below. I also took a closer pic of the eye. Doesn't look too good. Not sure if its infected or just needs to be flushed out. Any suggestions on what I should do? I'm tempted to flush it with sterile saline solution.

also a pic of their new home

eye_problem.jpg

2flies.jpg

crack.jpg

vivarium.jpg

Awesome set up Marty! I just set mine up, and as soon as I finished, I realized, it is going to be a load of work to clean it, how long does it usually take you for that big of an enclosure? And got any good cleaning tips?

looks pretty cool Marty!

BTW a lady came up to me at the Tiki Tiki booth and we started chatting about chams... she said hers had died and before she buys another chameleon she wants to settle her misting issues... she wanted to know if anyone made an automated misting system...... You know where I am going with this... I gave her your web address and told her your the only one i recommend. She seemed thrilled to have a solution to her issue, I hope she follows through!

Kevin, really appreciate the word of mouth !

PNSSP: in your post, 1st and 3rd is the same cham. 2nd is the healthy one.

Awesome set up Marty! I just set mine up, and as soon as I finished, I realized, it is going to be a load of work to clean it, how long does it usually take you for that big of an enclosure? And got any good cleaning tips?

I never clean that tank. Once every 2-3 months I'll wipe the front glass. Tank is drained to house plumbing, misting system washes everything. Any frog crap, fertilizes the plants. Once in a whilte, usually when I clean the front glass, I'll trim some of the plants. Pretty much maintenance free setup.

Little guy just kicked the bucket. I think I may have stressed him out too much with the showering yesterday. Seemed pretty lethargic last night.

Back
Top Bottom