Baby Pygmy Chameleon (Pictures)

Mendez

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last logged into the forums. I've been pretty busy with work, but my passion for chameleons is still going strong. Here are some pictures of one of my Cb 2-month-old Horned Pygmy Chameleons (Brookesia superciliaris). Incubation was rather quick at around 56-58 days ranging from 69-78F. I'll try to create a more designated post for how I care for them, but now, here ya go:

Screenshot_20230727-145316_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230727-145341_Gallery.jpg
IMG_20230727_144609.jpg
IMG_20230727_144603.jpg

Some short videos if you want to see them:

Oh my gosh they are so adorable! Thank you for sharing! Are you working on having these little guys be established in captivity?

If your not looking to sell i understand! But could you inform me where you got your little friends? Also if considering (I have been in the hobby for 15+ years and understand things happen with shipping or it can be scary so I understand!)
Thanks Eric

If your not looking to sell i understand! But could you inform me where you got your little friends? Also if considering (I have been in the hobby for 15+ years and understand things happen with shipping or it can be scary so I understand!)
Thanks Eric
Hi there. I don’t think he is on here much. He has Instagram ect if you are trying to reach him maybe try sending a message there 😊

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last logged into the forums. I've been pretty busy with work, but my passion for chameleons is still going strong. Here are some pictures of one of my Cb 2-month-old Horned Pygmy Chameleons (Brookesia superciliaris). Incubation was rather quick at around 56-58 days ranging from 69-78F. I'll try to create a more designated post for how I care for them, but now, here ya go:

View attachment 341170View attachment 341171View attachment 341169View attachment 341168

Absolutely amazing my friend ❤️❤️❤️

They are absolutely amazing! How many do you have? How big is a clutch?
Hahaha thanks @kinyonga! I just have two babies right now. The clutch was three eggs. But I accidentally rotated one of the eggs halfway through incubation and lost the egg. It was a rookie mistake. I didn't press the into the vermiculite. So they were all just sitting on right on top. It was a miracle that the other two eggs didn't rotate.

Also, the eggs hatched two days before I went on a 2 week vacation. Talk about terrible timing! Luckily all my systems are on timers (lights, misting, etc.). So I just had someone toss in melanogaster fruit flies every other day.

Are you selling any?
Thanks Eric
Hey! It's nice to put an Instagram profile to a chameleon forums member! Even though we've been chatting over IG, I'll respond here for the sake of others: I'm not selling any of my babies yet. Perhaps in another clutch or two, I might be looking to rehome. But I think that will be quite a while from now. I got the parents (wc Brookesia superciliaris) from "@ChameleonCans" on Instagram. The importer is a wonderful and friendly guy - the best importer I've dealt with (and I've dealt with many).

Wild caught chameleons are not for everyone, and I strongly recommend doing your homework before getting into wc animals. With that said, I did not have much experience under my belt when I got my first pygmy chameleons. But I did lots of research (mainly just consulting with my buddy @javadi Michael Nash). And wouldn't you know it, the first female I ever got, over 1.5 years ago, laid this clutch of eggs. And she's still going strong.

@Mendez I’ve been wondering where you’ve been, as well as your bestie @javadi ;) I’ve missed your adorable tiny dragons and wit. Since you return with pics of the sweetest itty bitty bebes, you have redeemed abandoning us.🥰
Gaahh! I almost forgot about my nemesis haha ;) Despite the both of us being pretty inactive, I've kept in touch with Michael (@javadi) over the year(s). He's gearing up for STEP II, an incredibly intensive med school exam. He's got more of an excuse to be absent than I do. I'll be more active just for you @MissSkittles ;) I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures haha

Hi there. I don’t think he is on here much. He has Instagram ect if you are trying to reach him maybe try sending a message there 😊
What's his Instagram name by chance?
If anyone wants to follow me on Instagram, you can find me @tinytreedragonproject. I do find messaging people on Instagram to be a little easier and more convenient.

Absolutely amazing my friend ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you, James 😁😁😁😁 @crosscutts

EEEKKKKKKKKKK Miguel!!!!! The tiny omg cuteness going on!

May I feature you as a member spotlight on CF social pages using one of these pictures?
Please say yes Migue!!! These are the sweetest little babies!
@Beman of course! It would be an honor!! More than anything, I'm glad that I could bring a smile to your face with these pictures 😁 - makes me happy.

View attachment 341170View attachment 341171View attachment 341169View attachment 341168

I'm out. I can't. OMG

Omgsh how adorable!!!!

Back
Top Bottom