Putting dead feeders inside bioactive setup.

Byron18

I currently have a 2 year old female Veiled Cham in a bioactive setup. It has springtails, lots actually as I can see them feasting on the bottom floor. I also had rolly pollies, woodlice, isopods, whatever you want to call them, in there. I soon realised that my chameleon would feed and hunt on them which I didnt really mind as long as she left some, though I highly doubt she knows about over hunting haha, so does anyone have any tips about how to keep them alive or should I just buy more?But what I wanted to ask is what about feeders? When I get my crickets, morioworms, dubias and locusts I put them in a new and larger area so they have a better life before they get eaten. However some die so I was wondering if it was safe to put those ones in the terrarium. I dont think it would be good if she ate them so I could bury them so she doesnt see them as food. Any suggestions then let me know.

a coating of leaf litter on top? Works for me, till the little guys eat all the leaf litter, and i end up with a bunch of leaf sticks. You can bury the dead just fine, if they stay moist on top for too long, and dont get eaten, you end up with fungus/mold.

a coating of leaf litter on top? Works for me, till the little guys eat all the leaf litter, and i end up with a bunch of leaf sticks. You can bury the dead just fine, if they stay moist on top for too long, and dont get eaten, you end up with fungus/mold.
Thanks for the reply, ill give it a shot!

Yup agreed, the CuC will love and benefit from dead feeders. I'd add some cork bark, stones, large leaves, etc for them to hide under.

Back
Top Bottom