Purchasing a female

coffeeguy89

I'm considering purchasing a female ambanja to one day to possibly breed with my male Yoshi. Before I get bombarded with replies about the horrors and costs of breeding please know that I have considered the costs, space, knowledge I must acquire, and time needed to successfully breed true chameleons. If I do decide to go through with breeding them it wont be for at least a year or two, when I have my life a little more settled lol (I'm in my last year of college and probably moving out soon.) And if I don't feel as if I can put in the time and effort to breed, then I'll just have a pair of happy panthers :) I feel like female panthers are a little under rated due to there lack of color, and I think Yoshi deserves a nice girl :D My major question is what should I look for when purchasing a young female? Is there any traits that are more favorable than others?

Thanks

Chris

I am not a big fan of breeding females much over 2 years, so if you want to breed, make sure your timing is right. Make sure you know who you are buying from if you want a pure female. It is good that you are considering waiting until your lifestyle is better suited. You will need plenty of room when you have babies!

I am not a big fan of breeding females much over 2 years, so if you want to breed, make sure your timing is right. Make sure you know who you are buying from if you want a pure female. It is good that you are considering waiting until your lifestyle is better suited. You will need plenty of room when you have babies!

Thanks Julirs! your always so quick to reply :) I read your thread on caring for 69 babies and I'm still thinking about breeding one day lol.

Back
Top Bottom