Pump Sprayer Smells Odd...

Zorfia

My pump sprayer has a funny smell to it, it has ever since I bought it from Petsmart. I have rinsed it repeatedly with hot water and let it dry out after but it still smells sort of like gasoline. When I went back to petsmart to get some crickets I opened the top on one of the pump sprayers on the shelf and it had the same smell. The smell gets stronger when it has water in it.
Is it normal for pump sprayers to smell that way? Is it safe to use on my chameleon?

I went through the same exact thing!!!! I just ended up using it after soaking it for a long time with soapy water. The vinegar idea might work - didn't try that. Anyways after a long time the smell does diminish considerably to the point of being hardly noticeable. One thing I do is I never leave water in it for any length of time. I fill it when I'm ready to spray and then empty it immediately after if I don't use it all. I really think it's just the smell of the plastic that is used to make them. I haven't seen any ill effects from using mine for years.

Back
Top Bottom