Pulled out toe nail, should I be worried?

Theveiled

Avid Member
I noticed this morning while holding Stark that one of his toe nails on his front right foot is gone completely. There is a small hole where I assume it was. The toe nail there was longer because I think it may have gotten pulled another time on the screen. Should I clean it? Could it possibly get infected? Im not really sure what to do if I have to do anything at all.
Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks!
Oh and it seems like it dosent bother him. He has been climbing well even though he only has one other toe nail on that side of his foot.

If the nail bed wasn't damaged it will grow back. I don't know what the chances are of it being damaged if the nail was pull all the way out. If I had to take a guess I would say its probably damaged.

If the nail bed wasn't damaged it will grow back. I don't know what the chances are of it being damaged if the nail was pull all the way out. If I had to take a guess I would say its probably damaged.
Yes I think that it wont grow back. I will try to get a pic though

If it's an open wound I think you should clean it and you should probably apply a disinfectant and keep a good eye on how it heals...
I don't know what brands disinfectants are commonly used in the USA on reptiles so maybe someone that does know can chip in.
(Here Betadine is often used for small wounds and cuts, but I don't know if that's best or if it's available in the US.)

It is completely gone so I dont think it will grow

Attachments

• 20160815_095348.jpg
    20160815_095348.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 78
If it's an open wound I think you should clean it and you should probably apply a disinfectant and keep a good eye on how it heals...
I don't know what brands disinfectants are commonly used in the USA on reptiles so maybe someone that does know can chip in.
(Here Betadine is often used for small wounds and cuts, but I don't know if that's best or if it's available in the US.)
I do have betadine. Should I use that?

Should I use betadine? Or somewhere I saw you could use polysporin (not sure if it is right). I also have peroxide. I just dont want it to get infected and have to go to the vet again. What are signs of infection though?

Back
Top Bottom