PUBERTY!? Can anyone share their knowledge and experience please

Aldebaran

Can anyone share their knowledge and experience on this lovely time of a male chameleon’s life? What to expect? How long it lasts? Anything?! (I have a 7.3 month old panther) THANK YOU

This seems to be happening for a few people here right now, actually would be a great thread if we got some reliable insight. My female is going balastic right now, full of eggs for the first time and does not even think about going towards her laying bin. Stressing me out more the the 5 yr old.

Om
This seems to be happening for a few people here right now, actually would be a great thread if we got some reliable insight. My female is going balastic right now, full of eggs for the first time and does not even think about going towards her laying bin. Stressing me out more the the 5 yr old.
omg! That is VERY stressful.
Well, my shy, sweet as cherry pie little boy gave me a silent roar and has begun to bob his head.

Om

omg! That is VERY stressful.
Well, my shy, sweet as cherry pie little boy gave me a silent roar and has begun to bob his head.
See my veiled is 100% the opposite. The only time she was sweet was when I rescued her from her previous home. As soon as she got home to her new, real enclosure she became very territorial. She would go full offensive No matter what if I entered the cage on ANY circumstance other than if I had HUGE hornworm in my hands. When I say huge I mean seriously way tf to big for her, 2.5-3x the length of her head easy. But if I had that magical blue worm, she would act like a crack addict waiting on her fix. Mind you, if I put any other feeders in there she flares, gapes, hisses, launches, runs toward my hand trying to bite etc.

See my veiled is 100% the opposite. The only time she was sweet was when I rescued her from her previous home. As soon as she got home to her new, real enclosure she became very territorial. She would go full offensive No matter what if I entered the cage on ANY circumstance other than if I had HUGE hornworm in my hands. When I say huge I mean seriously way tf to big for her, 2.5-3x the length of her head easy. But if I had that magical blue worm, she would act like a crack addict waiting on her fix. Mind you, if I put any other feeders in there she flares, gapes, hisses, launches, runs toward my hand trying to bite etc.
Lol

Well idk if my 5.5 month old Cham has hit it but he was very friendly and always wanted to go onto my hand but then at 3.5 to 4 months he started hissing at me and running away from my hand but then at around 5 months he became so friendly honestly I can’t clean out his cage with him trying to go onto my hand. He also developed really orange colours and grew massive. Before 4 months he was small and now he’s 5.5 months and he’s huge he’s about 120 grams and near 7 inches long!!

My male started out very very friendly... By 13-14 months there was a total attitude change he would puff and do a full aggressive display. There was a period of 6 weeks where I really could not get near him without him putting on a show and he tried to bite a few times. By the time he hit 16 months this seemed to calm down quite a bit. He is back for the most part of wanting out to see me and is not hating the world. But I have a feeling this is more to do with their hormonal cycles as well. So I am still very cautious with him. I do not want to get bitten because I have a false sense of security. I do think the fact that I worked with him a lot with trust building when he was a baby has helped. While he shows me who is boss and will not tolerate anyone near his cage except me, he does fully recognize me. Once it clicks for him that I am the bringer of food he calms down completely and happily comes to the front to see what gifts I have brought him.

The hardest thing for me was realizing that my sweet boy was changing. I thought with him being my first chameleon that I had found a magic formula but not so much lol.

I still believe in trust building. It has been very useful for me to have a cham that I can easily remove for cleaning and vet visits. Anyways here is the blog I did for everyone with the steps I took with Beman. There are videos too. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/

Well idk if my 5.5 month old Cham has hit it but he was very friendly and always wanted to go onto my hand but then at 3.5 to 4 months he started hissing at me and running away from my hand but then at around 5 months he became so friendly honestly I can’t clean out his cage with him trying to go onto my hand. He also developed really orange colours and grew massive. Before 4 months he was small and now he’s 5.5 months and he’s huge he’s about 120 grams and near 7 inches long!!
Wow. That’s a positive story. I hope that happens to me!

Back
Top Bottom