Proper weight/feeding for adult male panther

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
I looked up the proper weight for an adult male, but sometimes google can be wrong. He is 1 1/2 years old and 160 grams. He eats about 3-5 large feeders a day (sometimes more). Is this a healthy weight? Should I increase feedings or cut them down?

I’m not sure about the weight but for feeding he should be eating every other day to every two days or he will become overweight.

Weight is based on total length of the cham. But for a Panther or Veiled that is a year old they should only be given 3 feeders every other day. They are no longer using the feeders for growth so it causes obesity when they are over fed.

I looked up the proper weight for an adult male, but sometimes google can be wrong. He is 1 1/2 years old and 160 grams. He eats about 3-5 large feeders a day (sometimes more). Is this a healthy weight? Should I increase feedings or cut them down?
I'm glad you asked that (for future reference). :)

Google spot-checks can indeed be wrong; it depends on the credibility & reputation of the source cited (where google often falls down). Hence when a source unknown to me, I find it prudent to check a few sources for a consensus or confirmation. ;)

Back
Top Bottom