Proper Set Up

Jam

Does anyone have a link or something to the proper set up for a panther chameleon? i am starting to more seriously look into getting another cham ... I really like Hermie and no one will ever take his place, gotta love his attitude and grit in life, but i think he gets tired of me staring at him all of the time... I am really fascinated in watching these guys! I am trying to decide between another veiled or a panther (opinions are welcome). I am not looking for a "challenge" that I know some people enjoy with raising chams (though I know they all are to an extent), I just want to enjoy and properly take care of one. i know that panther requirements are different than veileds, so I just wanted to look into that before I make a decision.

Thanks!!!

although i have very little expierience with vieleds i know they tend to be much more agressive, especially males.

I have always chosen panthers because personality, colors, hardieness, and finally just because i love chameleons in general.so i would suggest panthers.

For a

baby cages setup:i use 18x12x20 this is a good enough size, be sure to add branches that will give your chameleons to get it self in sticky positions as to help him or her learn to climb a little better.

Juviniles cage setup:male-18x18x36, include a ficus
:female 18x18x36, this cage can last your female the rest of her life if you so choose, also be sure to add a plant of some sort and be creative with the vines

Adult males:24x24x48, this will be able to last your cham. for the rest of his life. make sure there is a nice sized plant or 2 in his cage, once again you can be creative with regard to vines.

Have lots of fun with whatever cham you so choose, good luck!

but i think he gets tired of me staring at him all of the time...
LOL :D

Veiled and panther chameleons are both very attractive species. Since you already have a veiled, a panther might give you more variety. Their setup in captivity is really not that different compared to a proper veiled setup. Panthers need a basking area around 86-88F. If you don't have one already, I recommend a good automated watering system.

Jenna from prism chameleons has a caresheet for panthers: prism chameleons.

Brad said:
LOL :D

Veiled and panther chameleons are both very attractive species. Since you already have a veiled, a panther might give you more variety. Their setup in captivity is really not that different compared to a proper veiled setup. Panthers need a basking area around 86-88F. If you don't have one already, I recommend a good automated watering system.

Jenna from prism chameleons has a caresheet for panthers: prism chameleons.

Hey brad the basking area is suposed to be(if I'm not mistaken)around 95 degrees.

would it put too much stress on a male cham? so i should go to a juvenile when i get 1? wat would i do with the old cages?

Back
Top Bottom