Prolapsed Anus Emergency

He is in terrible shape. In 12 hours his eyes shrunk in and he's not moving and his mouth is hanging open. It's breaking my heart. I have a nitrogen tank and am considering gassing him to put him out of his misery. And no he is not on any sedatives.

He is in terrible shape. In 12 hours his eyes shrunk in and he's not moving and his mouth is hanging open. It's breaking my heart. I have a nitrogen tank and am considering gassing him to put him out of his misery.
Didn't he just get surgery like hours ago????? There is a recovery period for them. It is not easy on their little bodies to have surgery.

Didn't he just get surgery like hours ago????? There is a recovery period for them. It is not easy on their little bodies to have surgery.
He had two stitches and his anus pushed in but no surgery or sedatives. I'll give him a few days it's just really bad at the moment.

I have him on paper towel in his cage but I'm at the store right now and will buy a bin. Any tips on the bin?
Your going to be looking at the rubber totes... You know the big ones for storage... Then you can put a branch in a few inches from the bottom. And run his UVB on top of it. You should not need a heat lamp... If you do use one you have to be extremely careful of temps. Maybe even a soft towel on the bottom. This would be for if he is not moving around and not climbing...

Back
Top Bottom