Prolapse Cloaca - Help

Yak

Hi, one of my Jackson (female 7 mo) has a prolapsed cloaca about four hours ago,

I've tried the sugar water, the olive oil... I've try to get a hold of a few veterinarians and at 10PM im having a difficulty finding one. (and an affordable)

help anyone!

Try to get to a knowledgable herp vet ASAP. You can try to shrink it with the sugar water but it needs to be a high concentration of sugar. You can do this by boiling water then adding sugar to make a concentrated solution. Then you will have to cool it down until it is cool to the touch. Then soak the prolapse for at least 15 minutes. After that keep it moist with ky jelly or mineral oil. And get to the vet ASAP.

Thank you so much
Boiled water already added sugar and waiting to cool off.

Earlier I had tried the water and the olive oil to no avail.

Haven't been able to find a vet, so it will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

A local vet also suggested putting honey to keep it protected and it serves as anti bacterial.

I am honestly very concerned and hoping for the best.

Sounds like you're doing what you can, I hope she makes a quick and through recovery. Please keep us updated!

Yes, I am ready to pull out an all nighter, to keep her company. She's been extremely cooperative with me. By sitting still in the water.

As soon as the water cools off I will try the sugar water again. Thank you so much, and my apologies to the admins for not following protocol, honestly i'm extremely worried.

You WILL need the vet. Prolapses don't go away on their own. Please let us know how she gets on!

still needing help

I can't find a vet! that would treat my little one. :(

any estimate how much would this procedure would cost? I don't want to sound negative,
to make matters worse I am low on funds....
any ideas? im blocked...

I can't find a vet! that would treat my little one. :(

any estimate how much would this procedure would cost? I don't want to sound negative,
to make matters worse I am low on funds....
any ideas? im blocked...

Your little one needs a vet no mater what. Most vets will offer easy payments rather than have the animal suffer.:(

Hello,
Thank you all for your kind words, I did manage to find a vet who specializes in reptiles, who might be able to help me for under $$.
I scheduled an appointment. I am in Hayward CA, (near Oakland)

That's good news you have found a vet. Keep us posted as to how he is doing. Fingers x for a good outcome.:eek:

Glad you found a vet! In the absence of a reptile vet, a bird vet is your best bet. It seems that reptile vets are some of the most caring and willing to help and make payments easier for you. Hope all goes well!

Hello and thank you all for your comments...

I did find a vet, after combing the entire area.

He managed to put it back together, I left "Lola" at the clinic I was asked to come back at 4 (PST).

He will be my new Vet from now on. Reasonable in price, knowledgeable and very kind.

I am so relieved now and I am sure my little one will be fine! thank goodness...

Your feedback is truly appreciated.

In addition,

In times of need, urgency and desperation, a few words go a long way. Even if the answer is not at hand, just the mere fact that you show that you care, makes it a lighter burden. Thank you all for existing.

:)

So glad Lola has been sorted. You can now breath a sigh of relief . She is a beauty. We are here to help and support.:)

Back
Top Bottom