Prolapse Cloaca - Help

Hi everyone,

Sorry to interrupt,
Lola has been sleeping more than normal, doesn't seem to be eating, she is drinking,
I've been applying the ointment the dr gave me, and the oral prescription... Have her in her comfort zone without bother....

any advice would be appreciated...

What is the oral medication? I know some meds can put them off their food. Drinking is a really good sign though. When you say slee[ping more do you mean she's sleeping through the day when the lights are on or just that she stays in her bed place for longer?

bayfril ?
she slips during the day, and somewhat dark color, not her usual light brown, but yes she is thirsty all the time the main thing is that she is alive... today she has been lurking around her cricket basket,

Ah Baytril is a common antibiotic and it is known to put off their food so that's not too much of a worry. Sleeping through the day isn't good though (although I'm not 100% if its okish after surgery like that) I would advise another vet visit or at least a phone consultation to see if this is normal behaviour but I suspect not. Poor you and your girl! I hope she's all better soon.

Sometimes when a chameleon prolapse it will develop a fungal infection after the prolapse is put back. If she is going down hill again it could be that but you will have to talk to the vet about it.

Sometimes when a chameleon prolapse it will develop a fungal infection after the prolapse is put back. If she is going down hill again it could be that but you will have to talk to the vet about it.

There you go! Here's a very experienced members advice (better than mine) :)

There you go! Here's a very experienced members advice (better than mine) :)

All advice is well taken and much appreciated.

Lola, had another prolapse today, she doesn't look so good... I called the vet's office but it was closed, He won't be in until tomorrow afternoon, she is rapidly decaying, and without sounding pessimistic, I am not sure if she will last another day. Her "bubble" this time looked a bit brownish, using the same technique I managed to put it back, (mind you she had stiches)... she was trowing up in the morning I had to give her medicine again.

I looked for other vets around and they would not see her since they don't see reptiles. I am imagining the cost would be high, and there is no guarantees that she will keep fighing.

Pray for us.

good news and so-so news.

the great news is that's shes fighting for her life,
last night she slept on my hand for about 6 hours, very comfy and warm,
she hasn't been eating, but she's been drinking water.

I am hoping she wont go through that again....

her color is back to greenish/brownish,

I did not make it to the vet because I maxed my $$$ funds, but I am making sure she is not in pain or suffering or anything... in fact she's doing well...(considering the circumstances).

Thanks to each and everysingle one of you who keep sending good thoughts and advice.

I feel the moral obligation to inform you what was the pivoting point of her survival, when all hope was gone: CHICKEN BROTH

I FED her a little bit of water only chicken broth. I am not saying this as an advice to anyone. It is what It is and out of desperation when she couldn't even open her eyes and what seemed beyond capable of coming back. I gave her that and a LOT of love and pampering.

:rolleyes:

good news and so-so news.

the great news is that's shes fighting for her life,
last night she slept on my hand for about 6 hours, very comfy and warm,
she hasn't been eating, but she's been drinking water.

I am hoping she wont go through that again....

her color is back to greenish/brownish,

I did not make it to the vet because I maxed my $$$ funds, but I am making sure she is not in pain or suffering or anything... in fact she's doing well...(considering the circumstances).

Thanks to each and everysingle one of you who keep sending good thoughts and advice.

I feel the moral obligation to inform you what was the pivoting point of her survival, when all hope was gone: CHICKEN BROTH

I FED her a little bit of water only chicken broth. I am not saying this as an advice to anyone. It is what It is and out of desperation when she couldn't even open her eyes and what seemed beyond capable of coming back. I gave her that and a LOT of love and pampering.

:rolleyes:

I would call your vet and see if there is a way for them to see her and let you make payments. With her just having the prolapse fixed it may be considered a follow up which may cost less. Believe me I understand the $$ issue but she really needs to see the vet again. Prayers your way for your little girl. I truly hope she recovers..

Hi. With much sorrow I must inform you "lola" left for good. According to a second vet there was nothing anyone could have done. I've lost many Pets due to old age Never like this. I will remember her forever. I planted a beautiful plant next to her in her memory. Honestly I miss her

I am so sorry for your loss :( chameleons have a special way of finding a place in your heart and they stay there always. RIP little Lola x

Yes it does hurt. Hopefully your new little one can ease that hurt a little. Please post pics of new baby when you are ready. You did everything you could for Lola .

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( You did everything you could for Lola and gave her a great home. I'm sure her plant will be beautiful and always bring you some happiness. My condolences.

Oh dear, I am terribly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain...just dealing with an injured cham is bad enough. I really hope that the support that this community is providing will help you heal.
In my thoughts and prayers.

Back
Top Bottom